The Desktop Pic Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

wagwannadon

Banned
Apr 17, 2004
wagwannadon
Kantham said:
heh , not you again

Yes! It's me again. But seriously, these desktop pictures look really nice! I have some cars as my desktop picture and I change it everyday! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Slainchild said:
Ok, sorry. I see what you mean now.

edit: Neonite, thats a shot of a conversion i'm working on ;)

Looks interesting. Does UT2004 already have klesk-like model?
UT did, it was part of the Psi-weapons dreams mod.

Takes me back, five years ago... O_O Damn klesk... heh..
But what a great player model.

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
qazix said:
Now I just need to find a music player that can handle modules (umx, s3m, it) and I can ditch XMMS forever too...

If you don't like XMMS because it's GTK1 (when everything else has migrated to GTK2 by now), I'm surprsied you haven't heard of BMP yet.

If you simply don't like XMMS because of the way it works (the "Winamp-like" model), your options are not quite as obvious.
Mikmod has its own commandline player, so that's an option.
I think Rhythmbox also can support mods assuming you have the proper gstreamer plugins installed. But since you use KDE, you probably won't want the GTK2/GNOME stuff it will invariably pull in since it's fairly integrated with GNOME.
Totem also seems to support mods (atleast with the gstreamer backend), although neither seeking nor visualization work properly when playing mods. But it's also fairly tightly integrated with GNOME.

Have you tried JuK or amaroK? I'm more of a GNOME/GTK guy so I haven't tried playing mods in either player. amaroK has a gstreamer backend, so it should be possible for it to support mods.

Keep an eye out on BMP though, it's a very promising project that's going to be more than just a simple GTK+2 port of XMMS.

And so I'm not totally off-topic, here's a screenshot of my current desktop running GNOME 2.9/2.10 under Gentoo Linux.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
A bump for my friend "Hoary Hedgehog" aka Ubuntu
I'm really liking the "clearlooks" theme over the default.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    188.3 KB · Views: 22

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Kitty!

[SCREENSHOT]http://filebox.vt.edu/users/bgibson/desktop.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

:lol:

BTW, I hate icons on my desktop, if you couldn't already tell.

Last edited:

Lynxx

Jul 2, 2000
Visit site
This is good for a snicker or two so I use it. First time I played as a guy, ever, so took a shot while pressing animation buttons. I didn't realise for days what I'd done! :eek:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I swear i still have StyleXP :(

What's inside crap folder Pulse?

Last edited: