(what's up with) JB-Isolated

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
The bots don't seem to ever use the tunnels.

I don't know how this can be fixed -- it's a problem I've seen with other maps too including my own. Bots seem to stick to one route between bases :(

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
The bots used the tunnels the last time I played [I was in the other side door with 3 rockets ready... :lol:], It's true that bots don't like cramped paths... at first especially, all them rush the middle path (then some of them take the jumpads...), but there are some AssaultPaths already, not inside the tunnel, but one where the Linkgun is and another one near the other tunnel's doorway... I am not sure if they take the caves when attacking, but they often go there if they need some health... ;) The path I rarely see them taking is the hallways going down-behind the base, and I am sure there is an AssaultPath there... :con:

I'll have a look to this, though. :) More info would help me: Which parts of the map should the bots go more often? Which bot level are you playing in? Only the bots of one team have trouble? :rolleyes:

The_Head said:
Is it possible to use an unrealscriptedsequence to tell bots to go certain routes?
As in triggering them?
UnrealScriptedSequences are used to tell the bots where they should sit to defend an objective. They often suck because the bots look at the opposite side the actor's arrow is aiming... [Like here... :tdown:]
Triggering paths could do something but it confuses the bots too much, I tried to do it in the arena and they were spending too much time to get out of the buildings... :hmm:

Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
G.Lecter said:
UnrealScriptedSequences are used to tell the bots where they should sit to defend an objective. They often suck because the bots look at the opposite side the actor's arrow is aiming... [Like here... :tdown:]
Triggering paths could do something but it confuses the bots too much, I tried to do it in the arena and they were spending too much time to get out of the buildings... :hmm:
Never noticed the problem with them facing the wrong way... :s
Hmmm might try it some day, I have some ideas to use with uss' just need some time to do so.

May 12, 2005
sorry my kb i
s broken at the momentbut i'd like to
say that it look
s very promi
sing

s
ory my enter button i
s jammed i think

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Feel sorry for ya m8, tell us when it is fixed ok?

On the map, Light looks ok, Did not have the time to see if the bird sounds have been removed (or replaced by a sound emitter).

layout has improved a bit, It's near completion ain't it?

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Here's version 2.
I've blended the plain shot with the lighting shot that's had a bit of red/blue tinting too.

Do you think I need to do something about the trees on the far left & right that get cut off ?

BTW, a suggestion for the map: the jail cameras could do with captions saying where they are. Eg 'Blue base switch', 'Blue base back stairs', 'Blue base bridge'.

Attachments

• isolated panorama shot 2.jpg
    isolated panorama shot 2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 21
May 12, 2005
Tarq, maybe you want to add some kind of a border to the pano cos atm it looks a little jaggy and a white border would add uniformity.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Working on it :)

Another thing I noticed: location names. I got a team mate saying something and the location just said 'Isolated'.

I think you need at least:
- base
- tower
- outdoors

and maybe also
- tunnels
- walkway

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
tarquin said:
Here's version 2.
I've blended the plain shot with the lighting shot that's had a bit of red/blue tinting too.

Do you think I need to do something about the trees on the far left & right that get cut off ?
Looks cool, good work! Yes, those trees on the left and right would be better removed... :rolleyes:
Just sent you the latest beta, did you got it? ;)

Changes:
- The volume that activates the lift is a bit smaller now, that might help to avoid getting stuck in the lift structures...
- Rotated the skybox and tweaked the sunlighting. The lighting on the bridges in the red side still looks a bit odd, though...
- More staticmeshes around the tunnel doorways.
- Some blockingvolumes in the tunnels.
- UT2004 weapon and health bases.
- The bots should take the caves and the back stairs a bit more often.
- Location and camera names.
- More little tweaks...

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Thanks. :)
Meh, I just finished the map, not enough to consider it as an own work IMO...
I don't have to do anymore in this one BTW, Tarquin should release the next beta with the panorama, and that one will go back to Spoon to be finished and released... ;)

Now I must come back to Fragtion... :eek: It needs a couple of custom meshes and I'll go with the execution... I hope to release a beta next month... :rolleyes:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Ah, sorry, I am having an exam spree these days, not much time to look at this... It would be better if it was released with the loadingscreen already... Hans PM me a mail address to send you the new beta with the skybox rotated... ;)
BTW, I love the new panorama. Great work tarq... :tup:

Last edited: