BeyondUnreal ut2003 video

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Same her chainsaw...I can have about anything running in the background and not experience any lag. The other day I have Matrix Reloaded running on my second monitor while I was playing ut2003 online :)

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
1) DO NOT RUN FRAPS in an actual game! (unless you like 30FPS! )

2) Demorec the game as usual

3) set up fraps, start demoplaying the demo in UT2K3, record in fraps.

4) go find the AVI Fraps just made.

5) edit with VirtualDub at will.

6) edit with some other program.

7) I have NO clue how to do steps 5 and 6, KTHXBYE!

Rev.Whoopass

Sperm Bot
Aug 5, 2000
Connecticut
Visit site
TWD.the Citadel map on saturday fragbu. (maybe the 2nd or 3rd map) had some nice translocator/lightning gun shots.Someone who called themself "Becks",was the recipient.Possably good for teh movie

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
;) @ edhe

anyway... man, let's add some dang COMEDY to the video!!! This vid should be a representation of what FragBU is all about... FUN!

Yes, there are some amazing frags that happen, but just ask ReneRetard and Brizz and Hanover... there's also some VERY funny things that happen.

Hopefully we'll get some of that on one of the demos and hopefully we could include it in the final vid?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yes and with Demos....we can make the funniest ut2003 movie ever made :)

Rev.Whoopass

Sperm Bot
Aug 5, 2000
Connecticut
Visit site
no one person "dominates" fragbu.

Websliger posted about having a midair trans shot in the vid,so I did a few.And now you all have the demo to use at your discression.

The video should have alot of differnt things in it.Focus on the "regulars" for the 1st part,maybe a couple scenes with each person.Then have the "comedic" part of the vid.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
Rev, good idea. I seriously think that a FragBU video should reflect the mood of FragBU's. We're not going to (shouldn't) have one of those "hey look at how 1337 I am" videos. If we put the comedy in... even if people think we're a bunch of goody good wankers, who cares? There are probably a lot of people out there tired of the 1337 attitude and just looking for a place to have fun. This should almost be an advertisement for BuF, and not necessarily FragBU.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I downloaded them but they wouldn't run when A: i didn't have the map needed or B: i don't have MapVoteVersionWhatever!

I'l retify that hopefull but you should be aware, MOds/muts and maps affect the people your advertising too! :)

(P.s/ Where do i get get mapvote, i can get maps at Nali easily enough but mapvote?)

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
just connect to the web and you will cache it. well during fragbu at least :p

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Ok I went through a few of the demos. I think the best way to do this is to just in and spec yourself and point out anything you think is really cool or funny or whatever.

There isn't much in the first 7 demos. In demo 3 you get to see the 3 gay duo people (who if you watch you will find out are actually |C| members) scrim 2on1. In demo 6 you get to see me screw around for a long time and then kick the tail out of somebody named new setup. 8 is a DM in compressed between me thrawn zues thewalking man and at the end rev. Nothing too significant. Demo 9 is citadel rev always gets cool hits on citadel.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
WebSlinger said:
.....We're not going to (shouldn't) have one of those "hey look at how 1337 I am" videos. If we put the comedy in... even if people think we're a bunch of goody good wankers, who cares? There are probably a lot of people out there tired of the 1337 attitude and just looking for a place to have fun. This should almost be an advertisement for BuF, and not necessarily FragBU.

TRANSLATION:

"We can get both great shots AND comedy. Let's just show a demo of Renegade. We'll wicked sick shots with Ren on the receiving end, plus we'll get comedy with him lagging off the map or fragging himself."

:D

Seriously though, I think we can pull of both. We do have some guys that can pull off some sick stuff, and we should have a lot of video of us having fun. Webby, that time on DeepSpirita on Friday night where you and I were jumping around each other trying to telefrag each other - something like that should be a good video. It would show us having fun, but also some pretty intense action (which, of course, resulted in the Retarted one losing).

As far as TWD's suggestion of everyone watching there own and pointing out what they'd like in the vid - Some of us aren't able to download every fragbu. I started to dl Friday's until I saw that I had 30 hrs left. ;)

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
WebSlinger said:
LOL the telefrag battle was hilarious... at least it looked that way from my angle

Looked funny from my angle too, at least until I saw the "You were killed by Webslinger_Buf." ;)

I haven't watched it, but I imagine it may look pretty cool on the vid.