My pcx files are covered with confetti?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Okay, I'm making new texes right? when i save as .pcx and import them they are all fuxx0rzd look like some ****ing dip**** sprinkled confetti on them. What up? It works fine when I save them as .bmp's but the file size is larger.... (argh)

Why is they so festive?

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
Yeah, some paint programs make a pig's ear of conveting to 256 colours depending on which dithering algorithm they use.

dead clown

self-righteous ****0r
Nov 5, 2001
ireland
Visit site
i posted a topic with a download of an application called irfanview i use for this purpose, you can batch convert any file format to PCX and specify the colour depth. i converted close to 200 max payne texures in a few seconds, the quality was pretty good. if that isn't good enough you can download the Paint Shop Pro7 demo from it's official website.

...or you could get the whole program if you know where to look, not that i condone that sort of thing ;)

Exodus-R

Oct 27, 2001
Syktyvkar, Russia
It is the best converter, which I met and use.

BRIGHT 1.83 (c) 2000 by Erik de Neve, erik@epicgames.com

"Best palette Reduction for Industrial Grade High quality Textures"

Epic Games, Inc., while specifically allowing not-for-profit public distribution,retains all copyrights to this software.

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
BTW: Does anyone know how to get environmental textures (I mean skyboxes... where you get 6 textures and align them to a cube so they fit each other and create a nice panorama) to fit each others respective border colors? If I reduce their colors independantly, they all have different palettes - their colors dont match. If I reduce on, take the palette off it and induce it on all the others, I mostly get ugly pixeling because of a different color distribution or stuff.
Anybody, help me?

Lugg