Unreal game playing way too fast

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

bfrank72

Jul 29, 2000
Visit site
Running Unreal on a PIII 500 mhz machine with 256K ram. Used to run fine with fairly smooth animation, now it is on "fast forward" mode....I can empty out a clip of the pulse gun in a second...when I walk I zoom to the other side of the room....I can't even go up an elevator because it goes up and down before I can get off! Not running a 3d card (using software). I've tried slowing the game speed down to 50%, but it's still way too fast. Even the intro zooms around the castle at dizzying speeds...like the game cannot synchronize itself to 'real time' and goes full blast. How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Brad

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
try typing SLOMO 1 into the console. That is the default speed. The lower you go (0.5, ect..) the slower it gets. Trust me, this gets a lot slower than just moving the slidy bar by gamespeed.