May 30 Gameplay Alpha

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTPDLykBZjs[/m]

This is a demo I threw together. Best viewed on a PC. Also, if it looks like I suck worse than usual it's because I'm trying to show mechanics, not prove my l337-ness.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Jumping looks like you weigh 500 pounds. :mad:

I guess that's to be expected when mostly EVERYONE hates 2k4 movement.

Last edited:

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
Jumping looks like you weigh 500 pounds. :mad:

I guess that's to be expected when mostly EVERYONE hates 2k4 movement.

Unreal Tournament has always had a "heavier" feel to character movement than other arena shooters, 2k3/2k4 being the obvious exception. UT99 wasn't as heavy as UT3, but when you dodge you land fast, as opposed to games like Quake where you are in the air a lot longer.

UT3 had full air control while in the air though. I really hope they keep that, and it looks like they are.

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
Dat sprint speed. Do you change it on deck? Could be the tile size fooling me.

Would be interesting to see the speed in unreal units per second or something, or show some key parameters (graivty, jumpz, etc) on the HUD for reference.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Dat sprint speed. Do you change it on deck? Could be the tile size fooling me.

Would be interesting to see the speed in unreal units per second or something, or show some key parameters (graivty, jumpz, etc) on the HUD for reference.
I need to make a new video showing it because they did slightly change it. Logging the values for gravity and stuff would be simple to do.

The gravity is set to 2.0 (which is real world gravity). The sprint happens after you are running for a short period of time. It takes 5 seconds for it to speed up all the way. It really is useless on the maps they have provided other than that you can see it happening running down this one hallway on Deck once I dodge out of it.

Also, this was without adjusting anything. It's better to watch on a PC than mobile in case that is relevant. I put notes on the Youtube video... next time I will put them in the video itself.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
The gravity is set to 2.0 (which is real world gravity).

By this am I to assume you mean "which is equivalent to earth gravity?"

I'm not sure, other than by what standard the engine is programmed to use, how "2.0 = 9.8m/s²" or that any other planet, or "world" is any less "real" than Earth. Though, I guess "World" is generally associated with Earth, as it is a very subjective term.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Well, I don't know what "2.0" represents. 2.0 what? But I've been told it is the same as real world gravity.