Unemployed?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Employed?

• Unemployed, seeking work (good luck!)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Unemployed, disillusioned (no benefits, no chance)

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Employed, getting a paycheck (no matter how small)

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Independantly Wealthy, paying taxes for the slackers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Decline to state, or too FSL to care

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
After 11-1/2 years the slump dropped sales by 66% and part of the "right-sizing" yours truly was one of the token whites to be sacrificed.
So riddle me this, what is your current state of employment?:

Reactions: oosyxxx
Dec 21, 2001
monotony
Visit site
I have a job... I make very little money but I am enjoying what I do... Since I just got divorced I couldn't afford my old place any more and had to move back home... Recently in the town I live in a grocery store put up a sign saying they are hiring for shift leads for 11 to 15 bucks an hour with an additional 4 bucks an hour when you are managing the store. I applied for this job but apparently because times are so bad everyone else in town did as well.... Here's hoping I get the 2nd job so I can move out of my parents basement.

Also I read an article in the paper here saying that my generation is being called the bounce back generation... because we have to keep moving back in with our parents over and over again...

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
What industry? I've not been in the job search for almost two years now (and grateful), seems really mean to not acknowledge receipt of a resume.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
The republican’s dirty tricks team has had this planned out for years. They knew their best shot of pulling off their plan was to go at it full throttle, knowing full well that democrats would be elected to office after they had bastardized the country for 8 years. But their plan has inertia; a steamroller effect that they knew would be almost impossible to reverse.

Here’s the plan in a nutshell:

You may have heard of the plan to get rid of the middleclass and just have rich, upperclass, and lowerclass. That’s what’s happening now. People, such as you, are losing their jobs and can’t get hired at a middleclass wage because of the recession. Lowerclass jobs are already taken, so soon the middle class will have no choice but to begin eating one another to stay alive. Just like fish eating fish, eating fish, etc., mercury builds up more and more at the end of the food chain.

The middleclass people who aren’t eaten, will begin to be poisoned by all the diseases and super bugs that are prevalent in the people they consume. Soon, the surviving middleclass people will die off from the toxins built up within them, and there will be no one left but upperclass and lowerclass.

Since the lowerclass are usually too stupid, or ignorant, or schizophrenic to put up a fight, the upperclass will rule over them with ease such as kings did with peons. No longer will the upperclass have to worry about soccer moms building a committee to fight the plan to put a new highway through the middle of a wildlife preserve. Upperclass will claim the new tax cuts will benefit the middleclass, but there won’t be any middleclass, so the upperclass will pocket the money and the lowerclass will not know the difference.

You’ll notice your decline when you see the mailman walking across the lawn and you start getting hungry.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
What industry? I've not been in the job search for almost two years now (and grateful), seems really mean to not acknowledge receipt of a resume.

I'm in Manufacturing. I've been a Machine Shop Manager most recently. I've got experience in Computer Aided Design and Machining. Might have to take a sales or service job if manufacturing (Auto/Areospace) continues to slide as it has :(

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
you may have to get into a completely different kind of work

1098133893_851000642.gif

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
I would have to live under a bridge if my only income was from unemployment, but then they wouldn’t give me benefits because I wouldn’t have an address. This site talks about the crappy florida unemployment where the maximum is 275 per week:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-flzunemployment0616sbjun16,0,7968154.story

My basic bills are 40,000 per year. That doesn’t count if I need to buy clothes, or go to the doctor, etc. My wife has her own bills on top of mine. Just my rent and student loans add up to about 22,000 per year.

With about 4.3 weeks in a month, a weekly check of 275 from unemployment would be about 1,182 a month. I could pay my rent, but not have enough money for food. Not to mention my truck payment, gas, student loans, and everything else.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
You can still get unemployment if you are making less than a certain percentage of your previous income. I know a few people who are on unemployment and both working at walmart and just squeaking by.