Defence Alliance FilePlanet Exclusive

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Well, I've been looking forward to giving this Mod a try since I saw the trailer a couple of months ago. But I'll wait for other mirrors as I avoid anything Gamespy related.

I can understand what the DA Team is doing. DA is your baby. You've worked hard on it and do what you feel is best :)

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
As I've said before, an exclusive on FilePlanet is all cool and stuff to attract new players, but why on Earth try to attract people with a Beta release? It makes absolutely no sense to me. Why not 'risk' the possibly buggy and feture-reduced beta on 'loyal' Unreal players who will still be here even if the beta turns out bad.

By attracting random passers-by to the beta, and the beta doesn't turn out as good as you'd hoped, you've 'wasted' a whole bunch of potential players who, even if they see another big advert on FP for the final release, will most likely not bother downloading it based off their experiance of the beta.

Just doesn't make much sense to me... :(

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Plumb_Drumb said:
You don't need their download manager to download from FP.
sure you don't ... but I've noticed that if I don't use IE and their ActiveX-control my downloadspeed is horrible to say the least.
Never mind that if anything even slightly popular is available then the waitinglines are 30+ minutes.
// ---

FP might get you people that have dumped UT in general, but remember : these guys & girls ultimately weren't satisfied with a PROFESSIONAL and essentially BUGFREE experience. Why would they even want a BETA ?

And with a bit of bad luck they probably aren't even aware that they'd need the latest patch as well ...
There's no doubt that a lot of people will run into problems with the mod simply because they 'forgot' to RTFM and install/download the latest patch.

spec_x

DA2 Project Lead/Level Designer
Dec 10, 2002
Redmond, WA
While it IS a beta release, we haven't really taken any features out and I feel that it isn't really that buggy at all. If anything we've done more bug squashing and adding of features than the other way around. You'll all just have to see once it's released if you are one of the folks that decide to download it :)

Bang_Doll

Freebasing Anime Chicks Since '96
Aug 10, 2005
hha3.netfirms.com
Because I need to say my piece on this subject, and nothing more: If this mod goes FP-exclusive, I will not be downloading it.

I'm not saying that to sway anybody's opinions; I don't expect it to change anybody's mind. Not even a single person. But it just had to be said, end of story.