UT2004 Serious bug that seems to only happen to me

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Amaurus

Apr 2, 2009
Ok, I've played UT2004 for a while now (since 2006) and this month my game started messing up. Like when I'm playing ANY game online, (and online only) my game will freeze me in my position for 5 seconds every 5 or so minutes. I can still shoot and turn but I can't dodge that rocket that is coming my way. If I'm in the air for any reason (falling, jumping, dodging, Etc.) often times it will do the same thing. Although it sometimes helps me when I'm doing trails so I don't die on that huge fall :) but it does get REALLY annoying during deathmatch and fast-paced games. If there is anything i can do to prevent this please tell me. I do not think this "Glitch 'Thing'" is my computer. I run on a Windows Vista Home Premium AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor with 8.00 GB RAM ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics if you need that information. PLEASE HELP!!

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Yeah, that's very, very odd. Online is usually the place where no bugs can occur, because it depends almost only on servers... The only thing I can suggest you is to look at your UT2004.log file for any warnings or errors, and if there aren't any, then repatch the game.

Amaurus

Apr 2, 2009
Ok I found the folder and when I looked at it, it had no unusual errors except this one Error: Favorites::ImportText: Bad termination in: (ServerID=0,IP="70.188.161.5",Port=7777,QueryPort=7778,ServerName="ž [« H5￾ŒSí$Pž ] öì i have absolutely no clue what this means. Thats one of the few errors i actually found (out of the other 20) that i didn't know what meant. The other ones just had this. Error: FTPawn DM-[UI]-Atlantis-B12.FTPawn (Function XGame.xPawn.PlayDyingAnimation:0260) Accessed null class context 'DamageType' I think it just has something to do with the server but then again im no computer geek!

Amaurus

Apr 2, 2009
Yeah, that's very, very odd. Online is usually the place where no bugs can occur, because it depends almost only on servers... The only thing I can suggest you is to look at your UT2004.log file for any warnings or errors, and if there aren't any, then repatch the game.
How do I repatch the game?

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Sounds like a lag-spike.
What kind of connection are you playing with? Wireless?
Is your Windows firewall, 3rd party firewall, or router firewall configured to work with UT2004?

Oh yeah, also let a anti-malware program do a scan of your system.

Last edited:

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Ok I found the folder and when I looked at it, it had no unusual errors except this one Error: Favorites::ImportText: Bad termination in: (ServerID=0,IP="70.188.161.5",Port=7777, ... I think it just has something to do with the server but then again im no computer geek!

I joined that server & after waiting 20 freaking minutes to DL all 77 custom files
there was no lag or hitching [no fun either but that's not the issue] so it's you.