TacticalOps Weapons in UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Operandi

Feb 19, 2002
Visit site
What I’m looking for is a way to use the weapons from Tactical Ops in normal UT. In other words play CTF or DM with TO weapons through UT rather then playing them through the TO mod.

I tried both StuffSwapper and WORM but neither seemed to be able see the TO weapons, am I doing somthing wrong?

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
You're not, it's just that the big three (Tac Ops, Infiltration, and Strike Force) redo all the weapon code and much of UT's base code, so since the weapon code is all totally redone, and some of UT's code is too, UT does not recognize the realism weapons. It's been too dramatically changed.

Not putting down any of the mods but it can be likened to someone who used to look one way but gets plastic surgery and no one recognizes him afterwards. Apply that analogy to the big realism mods, and that's why it will not work.

Operandi

Feb 19, 2002
Visit site
Ok, that would explain why neither Worm nor StuffSwapper would recognize TO weapons.

TO works fine other then the fact that the bots seem to get stuck in certain areas of the map (due to modifying UT code I suppose?). Is there a better mod then TO for use in original UT game types? I tried agent x but its no where near the quality of TO as far as models, sounds ect. I know there are allot out there, any opinions on which one is the best for that application?

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
Bots getting stuck in areas is actually more likely due to not altering the original UT code enough :) While I think the Bot AI is brilliant, it's often a lot of grunt work to make the bots work reasonably for new gametypes.

I can recommend the C4 weapons, they seem pretty top notch. There are tons of realism mods out there.

rgx

q_mi_4_3

Target pratice for others....
Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
Originally posted by Operandi
I tried agent x but its no where near the quality of TO as far as models, sounds ect.
Ax was not meant to be compared to TO, althrough it is better than TO in some other way :D. I found Ax to be the best lite realism mod. (A little subjective perhaps, no offence C4)

Operandi

Feb 19, 2002
Visit site
Ax was not meant to be compared to TO, althrough it is better than TO in some other way . I found Ax to be the best lite realism mod. (A little subjective perhaps, no offence C4)

I realize that Ax and TO trying to do different things but right now ax just can't compete with TO in terms of quality and professionalism. I think it has potential though, maybe we'll improvements in latter versions.

I can recommend the C4 weapons, they seem pretty top notch. There are tons of realism mods out there.

Can't say that I’ve heard of it b4, as I'm just getting into the realism mods but I'll look it up. Anyone else have any recommendations?

q_mi_4_3

Target pratice for others....
Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
To Operandi:fine, dont like Ax :mad:

you could try to find some other realism mods here(at modsquad). try searching for real life weapons.

To Postal:when will the C4 player models be done?

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by Operandi
I realize that Ax and TO trying to do different things but right now ax just can't compete with TO in terms of quality and professionalism.

uhhh...... you see that they are trying to do different things, so you compare them anyway.

Sorry, I don't get it.

Operandi

Feb 19, 2002
Visit site
uhhh...... you see that they are trying to do different things, so you compare them anyway.

Sorry, I don't get it.

I'm comparing TO's ability to play DM and CTF game types to AX. This isn’t TO's primary feature but it is a function of TO, so I'm comparing them.

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
PLayer models are practicle done, Eck is just trying to get them all in one package(there all seperate files) Also Eck just included 1 skin in his package for the Toxin model, there are th other 2 he made which are much better, so I am trying to get him to put those in there too.

our site:
www.planetunreal.com/wod/war

3 bugs left in beta 1, but I am no where near close to being able to fix them.