I'm looking for some help.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

the real pacman

Gwen's my hoe
Sep 1, 2000
I've been helping a friend learn html for the past while. Now he's at the point where he wants to post a webpage on the internet. I say all the power to him and its great that he wishes to do so.

I was considering a few things. First and foremost he will need a free web service. With popups I'm assuming. I've heard of a few that give unlimited space and no pop ups but I'm not sure how it all works.

If anyone has a prefered free webhost that they'd care to share with me it would be appreciated.

/.

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Hmm, I haven't come across any unlimited and non-popup ad web providers, but the two I have worked with is Geocities and TalkCity.

Geocities killed my site because I had posted a .zip of my Infiltration map I was making. I supposedly violated their terms of use agreement even though the whole site's contents were dedicated to just that map. Bunch of morons.

TalkCity so far is behaving nicely. It allows FTP uploads which is also beneficial. Geocities didn't have this feature.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Homestead seems pretty good. Nine megs of storage space, no pop-up advertisements, your own (sorta') domain name. Haven't had any bad experiences with it yet.

-Keiichi

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
If you want good experimental space, go with tripod. 50 free megs. Only beef I have with them is the fact that some people can't d/l files from them. You can choose between ad banners or popups, and can even customize your banners.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
There's a free version of Homestead, but I'm not sure how you sign up for it anymore. Homestead personal was originally free, with 25 megs of storage space, but then they started charging for it and lowered the free version down to 9 megs.

I know I'm not paying for it.

EDIT: Looks like they got rid of it. Oh well, Homestead Personal Preview isn't that great for actually building a site. You're only allowed 3 pages and it seems that they've now added advertisements as well. I only use my account for file storage, so I really don't care.

-Keiichi