Help please. skin modification

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

spacedebris

Mar 7, 2001
ventura, Ca
Visit site
I am trying to "tatoo" my clan name on a skin. I know I need to import the pcx and bmp files into unrealed but the skin is in umod format. Does anyone know how to open up the umod to get to the individual files? And please remember that I am very new to all of this. Thank you.

aruzinsky

Skilled
Jan 31, 2001
Visit site
I am not sure I understand the problem. Running the UMOD program installs the texture, .utx, file to the textures directory. Using UnrealEd v. 2, you invoke the texture editor from the toolbar and then open the texture file. Then you right click on an image which opens a popup menu and export to a PCX file. You then can convert this with some other program such as "Image Alchemy" to the format and size of your choice for editing. After editing with an image editing progtam such as Photoshop, you convert back with a program such as "Bright" to 256 color palettized 256x256 size PCX. Then you import it back to UTX file using UnrealEd and save the UTX file.