UT3 Gears of War Content for UT3 Editor.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UX.Loki

Oct 5, 2008
GOW_Content

Name: GOW Content
Version: 4.0
Compatibility: PC (PS3 In development)
Description: All Gears of War Content for UT3 Editor
Screenshot:

The developer: Epic Games
Integration in UT3: UX.Loki
Homepage: In development

Packages: 104
In total objects: 5546

Materials: 1113
SMeshes: 1634
Textures: 2598
Sounds: 153
SpeedTree: 48

Installation:

Using the program the archiver, unpack archive GOW_Content.7z in a folder with game D:\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC

ATTENTION!!!

In which case use folder C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Games It will result to loss of communications between packages!

Do not add packages from a gow-content to archive with a map, those who really wishes to play a map will download a GOW-content. I think it will be better if you write "For game Is necessary GOW-Content":)

Download Content

GOW_UN_Caves

Static Meshes This package contain errors connected with UV. Do not use this package. If something is necessary for you, use function [Duplcate] while I search for the problem decision.

Download GOW_UN_Caves.upk

All Worlds of game Gears of War

All worlds of game Gears of War.

Identical to options GOW, PostProcess, Sky-Materials, HeightFog, SkyLight and DirectionalLight

For world addition on the map, use File>Import>Into New Map
Or select all objects and copy to itself on a map.

Installation.

Unpack archive in a folder with game D:\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\GOW_Content

GL and HF!!!

With impatience I wait for your works!
:)

Last edited:

CPTStewart

May 10, 2008
Very very awesome! I've been waiting for something like this for a long while. Definitely looking forward to using some of these in a map. Thanks so much Loki.

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
Is there any way to convert GoW maps into UT3 maps?

Rather than just importing the content and remaking them.

Last edited:

UX.Loki

Oct 5, 2008
I with you agree, but maps are necessary for modifying, it is necessary to finish an axis-Z

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
Any help you can give the mod community helps. Thank you Loki, I can't map but there are others who can that will benefit and in the end I will benefit from you work.

nawrot

Jan 23, 2008
Sorry I was not around for about 6 months, but does Epic allow to use GoW assets in UT3?

Edit:
Anyway downloading.

UX.Loki

Oct 5, 2008
How do I extract the meshes so I can use them in my own MyLevel? I can get them to show up in the editor and use them. If I wanted to use one I'd have to attach the whole upk rather than the single mesh.

Do not add packages from a gow-content to archive with a map, those who really wishes to play a map will download a GOW-content. I think it will be better if you write "For game Is necessary GOW-Content":)It will untie to you hands. To you is unnecessary to care of the size of archive with a map, and to the player it is unnecessary on many times to load identical packages.

Last edited:

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
You could also fully load the package, and then go into the log tab and type 'obj savepackage file=xxx package=xxx' xxx being the file name, which can be anything and the exact name of the package. That will then enable all the greyed out bits in right-click, and will then allow duplicating. Make sure you duplicate to your map package and not the same on as that just messes things up.

Note you will need to copy EVERYTHING not just a mesh, you then need the materials(s) and textures. I've found that some of them are in a DXT5 or something format and will crash the editor if you try to duplicate them to your own package,

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Yepp, seems that filefront deleted the files... but I dont wonder about that.. it seems that they see this stuff as illegal content, thats not the first time.

Depends on when they deleted it. Most likely it just got deleted from lack of activity. You see filefront files get deleted after so many days not downloaded.

Manner of fact, I know the files were there for months, so I doubt filefront just got around to noticing these files.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Depends on when they deleted it. Most likely it just got deleted from lack of activity. You see filefront files get deleted after so many days not downloaded.

More likely the ZIP file got labeled "illegal" and put to the definitive trash can.
Inactive files really are files with no interest at all. It's still a possibility here, but damn..