Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Following - 8/10 - One of Chris Nolan's first movies which he wrote and directed. You can see on Netflix streaming. A tale of a writer who begins to follow people to get material for his writing, but he gets alot more than he is bargaining for. Like some of Nolan's other works, you have to really pay attention to what's going on as the film is not presented in a traditional beginning-middle-end fashion. It jumps from different points in the story quite a bit, but it is ultimately a very interesting film.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Speaking of Chris Nolan's early works: I liked memento for one thing: the cinematography. If it didn't play out the way it did, (all those film cuts and playing in reverse order in color, and forwards in B&W), it wouldn't have been a very interesting film.

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
Cowboys and Aliens: 7/10. I thought it was a pretty good movie; it didn't pretend to be anything other than a mash of sci-fi and western movies. I liked that

the director didn't wait to reveal what the aliens looked like until the end.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes: 7.5/10. Way better than the 2001 Planet of the Apes. There wasn't anything really surprising about it, but it was still a fun movie.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
god damn, I just want to yawn after reading that.

In the same vein, here's my review of Memento:

pretty cool, everything is backwards.
So like, you see what happens, then you see why. It takes some brain power.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
my review of Memento:

pretty cool, everything is backwards.
So like, you see what happens, then you see why. It takes some brain power.

e1d8ag.jpg

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Green Lantern (3D)-6.5/10

Either I'm getting too used to 3D or this was another reasonably average 3D flick. The trailers and the visuals promised more than I thought the 3D delivered. Generally though the visuals were good and honest to the comic book style.

As film story I thought it was o.k. The best thing about the film was the sub-text. Not a bad romp through superhero land. The cast was pretty good in their roles; in my opinion.

If you hang around during the end titles you will see that they are have already set the film up for a sequel.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Wall Street-9/10

It's a long, long time since I've seen this flick. In my opinion the story is as compelling now as it ever was; even more so considering a couple of GFC's.

It's interesting seeing Gecko's "Greed is good speech" again in context; I see that speech and a lot of other recent global events in a whole new light after revisiting this film moment.

Gecko is a brilliant character and Douglas is great in the role. This is perhaps both he, and Oliver Stone's, finest moment.

Don't worry Charlie, Two and Half Men was a crap show anyway.:D

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
Captain America - 6.5/10

Decent and somewhat entertaining, some things that could have been done better though:
3D, as usual it didn't add anything, I wish they would just give it up already I've definitely had it with this 3D shit

Red Skull, not enough screentime for the most interesting character of the film.

Action scenes, I don't know why but they didnt seem very well made, maybe it was the 3D hurting it but it felt like it was just the same slow motion scenes with Cap throwing his shield against enemies over and over again.

Ending was pretty good though and the story was OKish even if Red Skull didn't really accomplish very much at all lol.

Acting wise, Hugo Weaving did a good job as always. Chris Evans is pretty good as Captain America aswell but other than that the other characters where very uninteresting imo.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Terminator Salvation-6/10

Although I've seen this film before it's still a fun romp through a post-apocalyptic world. No deep meanings for me and nothing special but not bad for the franchise; in my opinion.

I still wish they had told Bale not to use his Batman voice but develop a different character voice for his role as Connor. That gets a bit tired and doesn't work too well without the mask and cape.