11-year-old suspended for cartwheels

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Bah, next you'll get banned for not eating enough sugar, fat and looking too thin compared to other students.

NiftyBoy

Dandified
Mar 29, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
My god. On one end of the spectrum, you have schools like this. On the other end, you have schools like mine was, where if the security guards saw you in the halls without a pass, they'd say to go skip somewhere else and recommend areas.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Saw this on my local news channel last night, and what they didn't tell you (but CNN did, when they reported it this morning) was that the cartwheels were done inside the schools cafeteria, and the girl was already told that she was not allowed to do the cartwheels inside the school building. The punishment doesn't seem so harsh after knowing that bit. Last night I was saying WTF too until CNN gave the complete story on what really happened.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I don't know, it really doesn't matter. As both punishments end up with the student not being able to do school work, may aswell give the student the better punishment which is suspending them so they stay at home. :D

The parents took the kid out of the school anyways and are finding a new one for her.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
"They said gymnastics on the playground creates an unsafe situation." OMGWTFBBQ. Isn't a playground meant for gymnastics and other athletic activities? :con:

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
tool said:
I don't know, it really doesn't matter. As both punishments end up with the student not being able to do school work, may aswell give the student the better punishment which is suspending them so they stay at home. :D

The parents took the kid out of the school anyways and are finding a new one for her.

At my school we could do work in detention, and Saturday School. That doesn't make sense.:con:

Bean 3:16

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
I understand why this is ridiculous, but I think tool has got it here. I doubt anyone would be suspended for that. I'd reckon this little brat was running around the cafeteria doing cartwheels, and knocking over ****, and when she was told to stop, she didn't.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
BillyBadAss said:
At my school we could do work in detention, and Saturday School. That doesn't make sense.:con:

All the schools i've gone to they didn't really let you do homework in detention, or it was very limited. Just each school having very different policys on how detention works.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
tool said:
All the schools i've gone to they didn't really let you do homework in detention, or it was very limited. Just each school having very different policys on how detention works.

That's the most ****ed up thing I have ever hear.:tdown::shake:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
one school I went to, if you had detention on the day of a test or any projects or homework assignments were due that day you automatically fail the tests and projects. Of course this was for a middleschool anyways, grades don't mean anything in middleschool so its a big deal. I don't even remember what my highschools policy was on detentions.

Enfyrneaux

Apr 4, 2002
Later this afternoon
Visit site
tool said:
one school I went to, if you had detention on the day of a test or any projects or homework assignments were due that day you automatically fail the tests and projects. Of course this was for a middleschool anyways, grades don't mean anything in middleschool so its a big deal. I don't even remember what my highschools policy was on detentions.

Ouch. I nearly failed the 7th grade because I was caught burning bugs with a magnifying glass. The best part was that the dozen other kids burning stuff all had parents that were big doners to the private school - so the faculty wouldn't punish them (yet they'll give the kid on financial aid a good working over). I was to recieve an "F" in science for "abuse of an instrument" and I had to talk to the county fire marshall about safety.

My parents transferred me to a public school and we never looked back.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Her parents said they will home school Deirdre until they find a more "reasonable" school.
Fat chance of that. Might as well let her be raised by apes. At least then she can swing through the trees and have a kickass battle cry.

Crash24 said:
Ouch. I nearly failed the 7th grade because I was caught burning bugs with a magnifying glass. The best part was that the dozen other kids burning stuff all had parents that were big doners to the private school - so the faculty wouldn't punish them (yet they'll give the kid on financial aid a good working over). I was to recieve an "F" in science for "abuse of an instrument" and I had to talk to the county fire marshall about safety.

My parents transferred me to a public school and we never looked back.

That is absolutely retarded... sometimes grade schools bother me alot. Expecially my high school, they literally ran the place like a prison, it sucked. The security guards were absolute dickheads too.