Mapvote to vote for Maps and Mutators

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Allarih

Aug 6, 2004
Thanks Bonehead nice job.

But can you please add new feature:
For team game players can vote for number of teams.

Allarih

Aug 6, 2004
Bonehed u said the code is available, where it can be downloaded??

:eek:
and sorry for calling you bonehead before

PizzaMan

Jul 16, 2004
Bergen, Norway
www.uksnipers.com
Bonehed316 said:
i checked this, you set it ingame, then switch maps. the option will work starting with the new map. its a matter of the order in which things are added. in other words, thats not a bug, its a feature ;)

Ye I know that some things require you to switch map etc, but I did try that several times... anyway, I tried this new version and that works fine :)

Except for one thing: The welcoming screen doesnt pop up. Its the same URL that I used for 3.04. If I open mapvote in game and click the Server Info button then I can see the info page.

Is there any way I can get it to pop up?

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
hmm, did it work in the last version i made?

i know i was playing with that once long ago, its possible that i got bored and left it half delapitated, lol.

looking at the code, it appears to be working. do you have bEntryWindows set to TRUE? also it doesnt work for spectators, or in the secod half of assault, or if the game has ended. also make sure HasStartWindow=Auto, if its Yes then the welcome screen also wont show. if its No, then there may be problems if the game you are playing (like rocket arena) has a start menu. Auto checks the package for known gametypes with start windows.

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
Why the f**k did you obfuscate your module? Since this is no AntiCheat module I really see no reason for this :X

to drop the size. our server has a lot of dialup people who appreciate the size drop. exporting the code doesnt give you anything useful, anyway. you cant recompile it (some default properties get lost, and the window no longer appears). and, i have said that i will give the source to anyone who asks.

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
since i took the day off today (hurricane) i decided i could do a small update. i couldnt think of anything small to fix, so i did a big update, lol.

http://www.nightstormer.com/bonehed316/x3dfxMapVote.zip

NEW FEATURE:

custom game types are now supported. I have provided 4 additional slots for game types to be configured, and they should work as desired. it works almost exactly like OtherClass, but prefix swapping is NOT supported.

the idea is this, you have 4 variables that hold a game class. if you add a game type here, such as CustomGameType1=BotPack.Domination, and set bCGT1=TRUE, mapvote will load the gametype, and load all maps with the default map prefix. if the gametype is a teamgame, mapvote will respect the MinPlayersForTeamGames variable when loading maps into the list. These options are also configurable in game.

when the game type wins, mapvote will tell you that CustomGameTitle1 has won, whatever CustomGameTitle1 is assigned to. This is currently NOT configurable in game, I'm lazy and dont really feel like messing with uwindows anymore.

this SHOULD work. it is currently 100% untested, i dont have UT installed and dont have time to test it, but it should work pretty well. im a programmer, and im good at what i do, so i have a reasonable amount of faith that it will work. just be sure you back your old version of mapvote up before changing, just in case. and of course, if there are any problems, feel free to share them here and i'll see about fixing them, etc. i dont anticipate any issues, except the confusion of new options, etc.

just be warned, i do NOT have control over the game types. if they use existing extensions, such as CTF or DM, they wont work. this can be fixed, just let me know. also if the gametype doesnt specify if it is a teamgame, there may be issues with that. and if the gametype uses the wrong default map prefix, theres also nothing i can do about that. other issues, ask.

and as always, if anyone wants the source, it is available by asking me. the code cant be recompiled once it is exported OR decompiled, so its just 247k of useless space.

finally, youre welcome. :)

LittleHorn

Jul 9, 2004
i will start off by saying thank you! ;)

however, to be honest, this is a good update but still has bugs. i would have also preferred it if we could add more OtherGame types so that we can do prefix swap on mods which arent necissarily as polished off as the BT game mode. two such games are used by me (tlasmanstanding and HolyWars) which both run so long as its the only gametype of the two (neither work in the custom game type config but BT does).

either way good job in a short space of time but i believe there is a little cleaning up to do:-

During multiplayer games the button names disappear - this can be caused by:
+random glitch (sometimes triggered by end of game)
+admin login and edit tabs

There is a similar occurence of when you open the edit tabs when logged in as admin, the values are all missing. They remain in the config file but dont seem to be read by the mapvote ingame and so the button names and game settings and configurations turn out blank.

This is particularly annoying imo as it requires just as much attendance as a server without mapvote, having to manually switch gametypes etc.

please fix this as so far its great work :D the fact that you take the "consumer"s' opinions is fantastic :2thumb: and will only help make it better and better. In order to do it this this time, could you please fix the glitches and perhaps add a few more map prefix swap/replacement options etc and the associated configurations to enable us to use more than one gametype in a less restricted manner. :)

sorry to be the bringer of bad news lol.

looking good so far as i said though and thank you for taking the time out to update - its appreciated ;) :D

Last edited:

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
well, if i knew why the button names disappeared, id gladly fix them, lol. problem is, if they work once, they should always work. it may be a matter of some replication relevance or something, ill have to take a look. we just got power back here, so ill try to squeeze it in shortly. hopefully its just a case of "over optimisation." however, ive never experienced this issue myself, so i wasnt aware of it. if its a common thing, ill definately see that it gets fixed.

all in all, i cant complain. i didnt test it, and no one is yelling at me saying it didnt work, lol. always good. ill see about prefix swapping. what about the fact that you cant associate new game types with existing prefixes? is this an issue? i can easily easily fix it. just let me know. this thread is about the best way to get me, as ill see it in my mail and reply ;) or PM me.

LittleHorn

Jul 9, 2004
i am not at home for today and tomorrow night so i cant look at the details specifically.

basically you will be able to vote and the votes accumulate as normal (i use majority) but the button names are blank. when the button wins it does say the button name won (as i set it, ie (zp instagib) ) but when the next map loads, it loads normal weapons (default start).

this is because the admin section is wiped clean, there are no set button names and there are no set mods in there (although there are in the config file). The button names do not say Button1 etc even though they dont appear in the admin tab, they show blank, but they say what i set them too (when they win).

it rarely occured in the previous versions where the button names didnt show or something went just a little wrong, but very very rare and just required a reload mapvote to work again. this time the buttons work if i vote for them the first time (sometimes not always) but the 2nd or third time they dont show correctly or load the correct mods (if they didnt already screw up on the first vote).

sometimes the button names for only some buttons disappear (6, 7 and 8) whilst the other names remain. if i then open the admin tab, those with no button names are blank and also the mutators have disappeared, but those with names are usually fine. I have noticed that it almost works as sections in the list, sometimes the bottom buttons dont show names and the configs disappear from the ingame menu but also do the config underneath them (custom game type etc).

the best thing you can do is run it as a dedicated server and see what i mean.

i just called my sister and told her to host my file for me on my webserver at http://nonofficialcover.eleetweb.com/x3dfxmapvote.ini

take a look at it and take the small mods out ie enhanced feedback etc and just run it with the guns and stuffswapper and game modes or something if you have those installed. basically just keep it as near my settings as possible. and test it on a dedicated server.

here it is pasted part of the file

[x3dfxMapVotev24.x3dfxMapVote]
bEnableAll=False
bDisableAll=False
bAllowButton1=True
bAllowButton2=True
bAllowButton3=True
bAllowButton4=True
bAllowButton5=True
bAllowButton6=False
bAllowButton7=True
bAllowButton8=True
ButtonName1=[zp1 Instagib]
ButtonName2=[zp1 Instagib LG]
ButtonName3=[Real Snipers]
ButtonName4=[Real Snipers LG]
ButtonName5=[zp1 Shock Arena]
ButtonName6=[MOD Snipers]
ButtonName7=[Holy Wars]
ButtonName8=[zp1 CB]
CustomGameType1=bunnytrack.bunnytrackgame
CustomGameType2=
CustomGameType3=
CustomGameType4=
CustomGameTitle1=Bunny Track
CustomGameTitle2=CustomGameType2
CustomGameTitle3=CustomGameType3
CustomGameTitle4=CustomGameType4
b20SecOpenVoteWindow=False
bShowVoterNames=True
bSortWithPreFix=True
VoteTimeLimit=70
KickPercent=80
bUseMapList=False
ScoreBoardDelay=3
bAutoOpen=True
bKickVote=True
bCheckOtherGameTie=True
RepeatLimit=0
MapVoteHistoryType=x3dfxMapVotev24.MapVoteHistory1
ServerInfoURL=
MapInfoURL=
MidGameVotePercent=51
Mode=Majority
MinMapCount=2
HasStartWindow=
bEntryWindows=False
bDebugMode=False
CurGameMode=7
DMGameType=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus
LMSGameType=BotPack.LastManStanding
TDMGameType=BotPack.TeamGamePlus
DOMGameType=BotPack.Domination
CTFGameType=BotPack.CTFGame
ASGameType=BotPack.Assault
bAutoDetect=False
bDM=True
bLMS=True
bTDM=True
bDOM=False
bCTF=True
bAS=False
bCGT1=True
bCGT2=True
bCGT3=True
bCGT4=False
bOther=True
OtherClass=holywars.holywarsgame
MapPreFixOverRide=DM
PreFixSwap=HW
MinPlayersForTeamGames=0
; for ExtraMutators=, which is for ALL buttons.
ExtraMutators=BodenX2.KeepItClean,EasyMuteV13.EM,CTFDoTheRightThing.CTFDoTheRightThingMutator,UnlimitedAmmo.UnlimitedAmmo,BotPack.NoPowerups
ExtraMutators1=ZPServer.AccuGib,EnhancedFeedback.EnhancedFeedbackMutator
ExtraMutators2=ZPServer.AccuGib,Botpack.Lowgrav,EnhancedFeedback.EnhancedFeedbackMutator
ExtraMutators3=Pula.SniperArenaP,EnhancedFeedback.EnhancedFeedbackMutator
ExtraMutators4=ZPula.SniperArenaP,Botpack.Lowgrav,EnhancedFeedback.EnhancedFeedbackMutator
ExtraMutators5=ZPServer.ZP_ShockArena,EnhancedFeedback.EnhancedFeedbackMutator
ExtraMutators6=StuffSwapper.StuffSwapper,Botpack.Lowgrav,EnhancedFeedback.EnhancedFeedbackMutator
ExtraMutators7=StuffSwapper.StuffSwapper,EnhancedFeedback.EnhancedFeedbackMutator
ExtraMutators8=ZPServer.AccuGib
MsgTimeOut=10
bLoadScreenShot=True

Basically what im saying is this ALWAYS stays the same. However, ingame, in the admin tab, it shows nothing as if it was blank after the = signs (ie ExtraMutators8= ).

This happens in a number of different ways and occasions as described above. sorry if this is lengthy its just really hard to describe.

if you change OtherClass=holywars.holywarsgame to OtherClass=tlastmanstanding.tlastmanstanding when you download the mod and change it to swap to TLMS then it works fine, as does Holy wars with the swap HW. but if you set them as CustomGameType2 and 3 they do not work but Bunnytrack does because it uses a new prefix. This is why i would like more prefix swaps so that i can configure it to have TLMS and HW on at the same time instead of picking one at a time and having to set it.

i havnt tried adding to the
DMGameType=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus
LMSGameType=BotPack.LastManStanding
TDMGameType=BotPack.TeamGamePlus
DOMGameType=BotPack.Domination
CTFGameType=BotPack.CTFGame
ASGameType=BotPack.Assault

and last time i did it didnt work, so il leave that to you if that could help...

hmm its complex but i hope you see what im saying, if not i can give you a demonstration in my server sometime???

thank you for listening :D :D :D

LittleHorn

Jul 9, 2004
Bonehed316 said:
well, if i knew why the button names disappeared, id gladly fix them, lol. problem is, if they work once, they should always work.

what about the fact that you cant associate new game types with existing prefixes? is this an issue?

it doesnt always work first time, it seems to happen almost at random but certain things trigger it, ie admin login and look at the button config.

It would be nice to be able to associate more gametypes with existing prefixes is all i mean, i can get them to work, but only once at a time. if i set custom game types, its not written within the mod itself to read prefixes and know whats going on... hoswever it works when you tell it what to do.

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
oddly enough, ive had that happen to me once before. i cant remember how or if i fixed it, or why it did it. it appears to be just a problem with replication, if the settings dont replicate to you, and you save them, or they get saved somehow, they will be gone. though i can not replicate the bug here. maybe next time it happens you could send me the log. that might add some information.

otherwise, i can assure you i didnt change anything in this version that would produce the problems you described. make sure your serverpackages are correct, as i think my problems were caused by somethign silly like that (i forgot how i fixed it, so i know it wasnt a bug or there would be a record of it).

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
prefix swapping is in. i think, lol. dont expect it to sort perfectly, i dont feel like mucking with that at this time. should work just like existing prefix swapping. i didnt add it to uwindows, its really messy and takes a lot more time than its worth.

also, if one of your custom game types uses CTF or DM or some existing prefix, you will have to disable that particular mode in order for it to work. in other words, you cant have CTF maps listed twice, and expect it to know which one you were thinking of. youll have to prefix swap those, or disable the default game type.

http://www.nightstormer.com/bonehed316/x3dfxMapVote.zip

LittleHorn

Jul 9, 2004
that ini looks better than the one i have :D i wonder what happened, i downloaded it from you when you released it lol, ah well, ty for help, il get back to you when im at home and can test it

thanx again m8 :D

LittleHorn

Jul 9, 2004
any ideas how i can setup holy wars and team last man standing to appear at the same time. both must overwrite DM, but im having a lot of problems with it. can i even overwrite DM twice??? basically the map prefix swap for the CGT works for one game if i overwrite DM but i have no other modes to overwrite any other prefix than DM. i dont think overwriting LMS or TDM has worked for me, iv messed with the settings lots to try and make it work. other than that all is working fine and there are no more bugs, i had to rename the files though so they would work.

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Bonehed316 said:
also, is the button name bug new? or has it always done this? does the vote count for each button also not get transfered? anything else you can give me?

It's been doing this since the first version you brought out. I'm not sure but I think it occurs after you set the button names via console instead of modifiying the ini and restarting the server. I'll have to check the vote count the next time this happens.