UT2K4 Demo out

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
http://www.shoryuken.com/features/ try the strategy articles and domination 101. None of them are SF2-specific, most of them are based on the newer games like MvC2, CvS, SF3, etc, but they're good examples of what I'm talking about. They also have the a strategy section in their forums http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/forum28.php where people go crazy exchanigng strategies, even for a game as old as Super SF2 Turbo.

BTW, CreepingShadow's sig keeps on crashing my IE.

Last edited:

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
I guess those of you that mainly post in OT wouldn't have noticed... In the other forums, the edit-post page always has a "do you want to delete this post?" option before the actual edit window. For some reason in OT this part seems to have been removed. I'm guessing this could have something to do with the fact that OT gets slightly different admin treatment than the rest of the forums. Perhaps a mod could enlighten us.

Last edited:

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Freon said:
No FTU, I got it to work once. I think it was right after they updated vBulletin. I made a post in the signature testing thread and deleted it.
Well..... You're adopted :p

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Freon said:
As we all know, Halo invented the concept of vehicles in a video game.
One time I was playing Quake 3, my room mate was walking by, he saw the Doom model, and said it was a rip off of the Halo guy. :lol:
Of course, the first thing he said when he saw an article on UT2k4 was "OH MY GOD! WHAT A RIP OFF OF HALO!"

...stupid console players...

=CreepingShadow=

Apr 5, 2001
Chicago
archive.org
recon1337 said:
played it once at my friend's house. its was ok. i guess. i think it would've been a whole lot better if they used some creativity while making 2k4. most of the weapons are just souped-up versions of 2k3. the vehicals were alota fun, but they were ripped from halo, so no credits to epic.
when the next version of INF 3.xx comes out, would it be compatible with 2k4? or just 2k3?
another question, anyone still plays INF 2.86? just wondering, cuz sometimes go back to the old INF once in a while, just to remember the good old days.

Much 2 "leet" 4 teh wurdzz cuz yea,
plays 2.86 b the "good old days." :hmm:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
zeep said:
got a link? would be interesting to read.
street fighter 2 was my life a long time ago.

street fighter 2 was my life too !
In fact , it was the life of all the students i knew when this masterpiece of gaming arrived in an Arcade little center near the university at the old time i was "studying" .
How many tournament were organized on the 2 coin ops machine available, i cant remember. But it was a great time to skip all those class hours :D .

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
FieldMedic said:
street fighter 2 was my life too !
In fact , it was the life of all the students i knew when this masterpiece of gaming arrived in an Arcade little center near the university at the old time i was "studying" .
How many tournament were organized on the 2 coin ops machine available, i cant remember. But it was a great time to skip all those class hours :D .
There was a SF2 - SNES Dutch Championship here long ago. The guy who won first place was a friend of a friend of mine. I challenged him and he came to my house. I played with Ken and Ryu and won almost all matches until he finally gave up.
Only last year for the first time i've lost some matches. But that is mainly because i've yet to find a gamepad for pc that is half as good as the snes pad or the ps1 pad.
Really, i've wasted money on pc pads that 'feel' good in the shop, but they are all crap. Crap crap crap.

I've been meaning to convert my old snes pad for pc use but they're not in so good condition anymore. I'm also still searching for a modified ps1 pad for pc.
And ofcourse, should anyone know a really good gamepad for pc, please let me know.

Too bad tho that SF online with kaillera is laggy crap crappy crap.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
If you go to radio shack you can get a PSX/PS2--->USB converter for $10. It's cheap and easy.

There's also the MAS arcade stick you can get with cables for both PC and any console system you want, made with real arcade parts but it's like $90. You can make your own cheaper, and many SF players do.

I didn't do much multiplayer action back in the SF2 days, since I was in 2nd grade when it came out, but I liked it anyway. I could beat all my friends, and I bought all of Hasbro's ****ty action figures, and even went to see the ****ty Van Damme movie. Then I got Pocket Fighter and SF Alpha 3 in 8th grade (back in '98) and I've been playing SF games ever since. Last year at the RISD dorms in Providence, RI we were playing SF3: 3rd Strike all the time. Unfortunately, most of the other players aren't that good, so I have to use characters I suck with to get much of a challenge (and usually still win anyway).

Last edited:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Thanks again gnam.
Gonna be looking out for that usb converter, we don't have radio shack in the netherlands and i've already asked around in some other shops for that type of converters. So far no luck. But i'll keep an eye out and maybe just order online somewhere if i'm really anxious.
I'm not much of a joystick fan, but that masssystems prostick looks very versatile. Damn i might even buy that one. I think i read that they ship to europe too.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
No problem. I know I've seen converters on ebay other sites, so if you can't find any locally, just google it and you find some no problem.

If you're series about getting an arcade stick there's a couple other options. X Arcade sells a simmilar deal in a prettier package, and Red Octane has several options, one stick made of original parts (instead of actual arcade parts) so it's much cheaper, one with arcade parts that's almost as much as the MAS and X-arcade sticks, and then do-it-yourself kits that are the cheapest, but require your own assembly.