Tachycardia + Seeker = BAD

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
doh, I told just about everyone this :p

well it seems that my brother(Seeker) has Tachycardia. which means his heart is reaching 100+ beats per min :eek:

we found out about it 3 months ago when Seeker got his road bike (GEI bike :p) and started exercising. well he started to complain of chest pains and one day he got hit really hard in the early morning. so my mom (A Registered Nurse) thought it was about time for him to see a doctor. we found out it was, well Tachycardia.

Tachycardia in my brother's case is that two of his "power lines" that provide the heart with the jolt of electricity to make the left ventrcal beat have grow to be crossed. this causes a Double Beat. :eek:
it just makes you damn ill at first, but after a few years it can damage the heart becasue the right ventrical becomes over stressed and becomes over filled with blood. damaging the Ventrical and also the valves.

Today is his procedure (sounds better than surgery )
what they are goint to do is going to stick a cathader (a tube like an IV) from the artery on the inside of his left leg near his groin.
scared.gif

they are going to go up to his heart and make a little snip snip and cut the two crossed lines
the complication that could happen (I hope to <insert deity> that it won't happen) is if the "power lines" stop working his heart will stop :eek: in which they will have to crack him open and put in a pace maker.
but the chances are slim on that. :)
he should be out of the hospital by the end of the day. with only a small hole in his leg and the lack of some pubic hair
animeha.gif

I'll give you a status update when I can ;)

Lance201

Jan 31, 2000
Germany
Visit site
Hope everything will be ok with your brother. Never heart of this desease but everything with the heart isn't good... My sister had a very high fever when she was abot 7 month old this damaged her heart, not much but she never has full capabillity in her live. She is 45 now and never had a real problem with that because she isn't a real sporty person.

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
Thankfully its very unlikely that he could die from this, so thats allways good, but still, it would suck if he had to have a peace maker, best of wishes.

Seeker can't preform

*sigh* :rolleyes:

he gets into the procedure and they are runn'n the line. up to the heart. now all they need is for him to do is go into Tachycardia.

well, he wouldn't...

they gave him stimulants to force him into a Tachycardia.
he wouldn't respont :p

so he gets to the show and can't preform ;)
when he gets home I'll make sure to ream him for that one :D

BTW, he's ok

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
:(
My prayers are for your bro Phatcat.

My little brother was in a real bad car accident a few years back. I spent a lot of hours in the hospital just watching him sleep. Going through something like that really changes a person. You tend to not take poeple for granted anymore when you realize they could be gone.

peachz

BANNED
Sep 7, 2001
Mmmm... zen....
My Spanish teacher just had that same procedure (as much as I hate the old hag I felt for her, I hate hospitals). So, good to hear everything's ok. :)