MapVote 3.04

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cpanoplyd

Jul 22, 2004
There has been an issue where some clan members I play with want to limit when you can vote for TDM maps. It seems to be that TDM with 4 or less players just is not as fun as 5 or more human players. The server has the bot limit set to have at least 4 players on at all times, but bots are not much help with the team part of the game.

So with that background info, Is there a way to set up the mapvote to use a player count to allow the voting for only DM maps when there are 4 or less players, and to allow DM and TDM when there are 5 or more?? I am not a programmer, so I have no perception as to the task this could be. Nor am I a server admin, I'm just looking to help out the clan and am a middleman in the process.

Thanks for your help,
CPan

Cpanoplyd

Jul 22, 2004
BDB said:
Sorry, It's not possible with this version.
Good idea tho.

Do you think it is possible to do? Maybe in another version further along in production?

Once again, thank you for your quick response.
CPan

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Yes, it is possible. But, to tell you the truth. I will probably never go back
to working with UT99.

Maybe BoneHead could incorporate that into his version of MapVote. (See top sticky thread).

Cratos

Apr 1, 2002
Austria
www.utassault.net
Since I am doing my own enhancement of the Mapvote I have come across an error that should be fixed (at least in the customisations of the mapvote).

Maybe you have noticed that if someone opens the mapvote during the game for the first time, all players will get a little lag. This is cause of an replication mistake: all players get the WRI falsely replicated in that moment.

in the WRI the defaultproperty bAlwaysRelevant should be set to false. It is true atm (inherited from it's super) which causes that all WRI's are replicated to all players. If 12 players open the mapvotewindows then all 12 players will get 12 WRI's replicated. Setting bAlwaysRelevant to false will fix this: The WRI's are only replicated to their Owner, so a player only gets HIS WRI replicated :)

Last edited: