UE2 - UT2kX Changing xplayer for custom player(controller)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ShadowsWar

Nov 30, 2008
Hi, I was wandering if you guys know how to change the xplayer that is used in the game for a custom player controller. To clear out what I'm asking I'll tell you what I'm trying to do:
I saw in this forum that to remove the adrenaline combos you would have to change some functions in the xplayer class. And so I did, but I don't know how can I tell the game to change the custom one for mine, I have an idea that this is done in the mutator class, but i dont know in what function neither how =/
Oh, and , another thing: I don't know if this will change anything, but I already use a custom pawn, and change it in the mutator class. so if I change the controller class, will this imply in some necessary changes in the pawn change too?

tanks!!

OBS: is good to be back here, since the forum had a problem I'd lost my ID and didn't had time to create again, and now that I'm doing a different project I decided to change it to a new ID (Old ID: NarutoSensou) =]

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Do you need anything else besides removing adrenaline? If not, then just do what the No Adrenaline mutator does. That will save you from potential problems introduced by replacing the PlayerController class from a mutator. The advantage is, that the No Adrenaline way will work for bots as well.

ShadowsWar

Nov 30, 2008
No, because I will use the adrenaline =/ for what i've seen the only way is to reaplace playercontroller, and since I don't expect to use bots(only custom paws, that don't have adrenaline) this won't be such an advantage =]
And what problems would I have replacing the player controller? Could you tell too the most er... problematics?

ShadowsWar

Nov 30, 2008
I was wandering if is possible to create some variable similar to adrenaline in a custom pawn class, since it's seams troublesome to create a custom controller class...