Is it possible to enable aim in behindview 1 ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I was just messing around in UT2004 and I noticed that aim is still blocked when you're 3rd person view. Is there a way of unblocking it ?

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Kind of.... Up and down is impossible, but you can technically still aim left and right. I am actually pretty good at playing in 3rd person. :D

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
download the mutator taken from behind is what i think it is called.

SoraUT

Flanking your ass since 1812
Jul 11, 2004
Earth
if your talking about the one made for ut2k3 then it dosent work. ive tried it. it shuts down the game.

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
the behindview aiming was locked to make sure people didn't use it to gain an edge. it's there to balance out the fact that you can see around corners using behindview.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
balance what out? They disabled it online, that's not enough or something?

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
this isnt a solution but download chaosUT and you can fight in third person when you take out a melee weapon.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
m&ms said:
the behindview aiming was locked to make sure people didn't use it to gain an edge. it's there to balance out the fact that you can see around corners using behindview.

Yes, I've read a few discussions about this. Apparently, behindview was sometimes used to see around corners without getting seen. Behindview 1 is now blocked on some classic UT servers. It's a shame that it's been blocked by default in UT2004 though as I sometimes like to mess around offline and see if I can combo at an awkward angle in 3rd person view :p .

P.S: Try this map for practising combos :

http://www.clansmiley.com/public/ut2004/morpheus_beta.zip (user public, pass download)

Last edited:

[S]Impact

Aug 7, 2004
Hyrulian Hero said:
Aiming in 3rd-person view actually worked in UT, right?
I wonder why they made it impossible to aim in 2k3/2k4, anyway.....

It's obviously a cheat if you play with behindview on IG CTF(dont think so for the others mods). You can hide behind a wall wait until your enemy comes near to you.. and pop out and shoot him.