Weapon drop?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JJaX

Sup Big Perm, I mean Worm
Mar 23, 2001
NJ
www.thedirtydozenclan.com
Ok im at work so i cant test this but ok here i go.
Since you can bind a key to do a weapon drop for others to pick up your gun + ammo. You lose ther gun and all the ammo for the gun? (still with me here) :)

So after you ditch your roket launcer can you go pick another one up from were you orginally got it?

So in theory (which i know im wrong) could you just stand on a weapon and just keep throwing them out like a weapon dispencer type thingy.
Me = confused.......

Viking1

Highly Unstable
Aug 12, 2000
Winnipeg
www.cainsunited.net
No you can't.

Each time you pick up a new weapon and throw it, it is still classified as a pickup weapon. Any player that already has this weapon will not be able to pick up the ones you are throwing.

However, something I have not tried, you could pick up a weapon, fire it once and then throw it. This may then remove the pickup limitation on the weapon because it has changed in status.

worth checking into I guess.

JJaX

Sup Big Perm, I mean Worm
Mar 23, 2001
NJ
www.thedirtydozenclan.com
see i was confused because i thought a dropped weapon was classified as if you fragged someone and took there weapon they had in there hands and got there ammo.

So what your saying is if i drop my weapon, i wont be able to go pick up another from where i got my original????????

Aug 7, 2000
You will in fact,and I do it all the time.

If my gun is almost empty I throw it away and pick up a new one. (especially when defending with shock on lava this is often required)

-Revenant

rhakka

a.k.a. Zeus, ruler o' the universe
May 6, 2000
portland,ME,USA
www.teamplay.net
You won't, however, be able to pick up the one you tossed again. tossing it clears it from your inventory, allowing you to pick up the gun at its spawn point again. So if you are near to a weapon, you need never run out of ammo if you toss before you run out and go pick up a new one.

A nice trick is to toss it right in front of the weapon spawn so your enemies pick up a rocket launcher with one rocket in it instead of six. If they fire it, they are SOL until they find an ammo pack.

SamD

Hooker with a penis
Nov 1, 2000
Brooklyn
Weapon stay enabled
You can pick up ANY Thrown weapon or Spawned weapon as long as you don't have that weapon already. You can pick up ONLY Dropped (after death) weapon's ammo.

Weapon stay disabled:
You can pick up any weapon.

Dec 31, 2000
Visit site
Well it's one of those (I thought old) tricks that keep you going. As was stated above, you throw away your weapon before you fire the last shot and then you can get the new one. Also used a lot in TDM to give weaps to team mates cus you can just get a new one on your next trip past.