Car question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
The only thing that bugs me about the impreza are the looks... not digging the whole four door hatch back look. I don't think they make WRX as a standard four door with a trunk and spoiler anymore do they. I could find one used though.

The four door evo, has me on the looks...as does the 370z. Looking forward to the weekend for some good test drives!

Last edited:

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
Just put a new timing belt in your 70K ride.
Thats all you need.

It you do decide to buy a car.
Stay away from any, and I mean any Turbo's.
They have too many issues.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
I hate what Subaru has done with their new body designs, EXCEPT for the WRX.
The rest of them look like they could have been built by any other low cost car company (no matter how desperately those companies wish to look like Lexus)

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Thanks DarkED! But for the most part I don't think my Scion has those problems.

I didn't assume your car did have any problems, I was just relating the point of view of a mechanically-inclined buyer. If your car has none of those problems then you should be able to charge blue book value for it, maybe a little less.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
They only have issues if you don't take care of them.

I had one of those WRSucks in front of me one time.
He down shifted, so he could race me.
2 Miles later. He was about 2 miles an hour faster.

PS. Turbos have to be rebuilt/cleaned out every 30,000 miles.
All they are is air filters for your exhaust system.
Rebuilt kit for most turbos $100.00.
Brand new Turbo $1500.00.
Most people wait till the turbo is leaking oil, or seized before they even try to do any repairs to them.

Well, as far as looks go, I personally think the Evo has them all beat. I know you won't be getting a GT-R, but if you did, even I would make the trip out to Dallas to see that car and smell it and touch it. I love that car so much. For an extra $60k, you can it to around 1500hp.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
I had one of those WRSucks in front of me one time.
He down shifted, so he could race me.
2 Miles later. He was about 2 miles an hour faster.

The issue with the WRX used to be the drive train. Because of the way that turbo power was delivered to the 4WD system they were notorious for breaking first gear(s).

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
The issue with the WRX used to be the drive train. Because of the way that turbo power was delivered to the 4WD system they were notorious for breaking first gear(s).

That's why all the paddle shifting cars start in second gear.

Me. I always break transmissions in second gear.
Got enough extra parts to do it every couple of years, for the next 8 years ;)

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
The only thing that bugs me about the impreza are the looks... not digging the whole four door hatch back look. I don't think they make WRX as a standard four door with a trunk and spoiler anymore do they. I could find one used though.

The four door evo, has me on the looks...as does the 370z. Looking forward to the weekend for some good test drives!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuFkzSQSmik

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
that's never stopped anyone ;)

Quagmire.jpg