UE1 - UT Braindead mapper, err, bots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
I'm tearing my hair out with this one.

The map settings are (cut and paste to avoid doubt):

LevelInfo.DefaultGameType: Class'Botpack.CTFGame'
FlagBase0.Team: 0
FlagBase1.Team: 1

At first I thought that the flags were too far apart to interest the bots but I've moved the flags into the centre of the map, removed all path nodes and then restored only enough to connect the player starts to the flags. There are paths to the flags and yet...

As you can see from the attachment, the (godlike) bots are simply not interested in the flag. On occasion, they run over it but they do not seek to return it. It seems as though the bots do not think that they are in a CTF game. The game (run standalone or from the editor) certainly plays with the CTF rules (I can win the game) but the bots just don't seem to be interested. :(

I've tried creating a cube CTF match from scratch (two flags, some weapons and a few path nodes) and that seems to work. I haven't bothered with items such a alternative paths (many of the CTF maps that I've examined seem to work fine without them).

I'm clearly missing something but I've pretty much exhausted all the likely causes that I know about.

Suggestions would be most welcome.

Attachments

• Shot0000.png
    Shot0000.png
    379.5 KB · Views: 31

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Good point but I've already tried that. :( Ordering a single or all of the bots to take the flag doesn't seem to work.

The game is behaving as though running a CTF game (one can win the game) but the bots seem to think they are playing Team DM.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Solved

I think I've fixed it.

I'd confirmed from all the logs that I was definitely running a CTF game.

Then I started to compare the contents of the flagbase actors with the ones from the working CTF cube map that I had made and they looked a bit strange (hidden navigation values to other navigation points that really didn't make sense in the new locations of the flagbases [yes! I had done a full path rebuild. :)].

So, I decided to delete all of the flag bases and added new ones into the map and et voilà, working CTF. :)

Thanks for the suggestions.