UT2004 Patch 3369 is Official!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Epic just keeps the support rolling. 21 months after its official release, the seventh UT2004 Patch, Patch 3369, is out.

For those of you who have the Beta 3369 patch, it is the same as the official patch and as such you don't need to re-patch the game.

You can currently find a list of mirrors, along with a full patch changelog, at this post on the official Unreal Tournament website. So far only the Windows and Linux patches have been released. A Mac patch should be available shortly. Epic has also released the .UC source scripts as well as the debug .U files for version 3369. These packages are for mod makers only, so if you don't know what they are, chances are you don't need them. We've mirrored all the goodness on our own BeyondUnreal FileWorks for your downloading ease:
Download UT2004 Patch 3369 (Windows) (12.71 MB)
Download UT2004 Patch 3369 (Linux) (21.27 MB)
Download UT2004 v3369 .UC Source Scripts (3.09 MB)
Download UT2004 v3369 Debug .U Files (15.77 MB)

D

DrFish

Linux version?

Is the Linux version on its way?

Looking forward to see those player shadows you know..

BlackDragon323

Free Citizen of the World
Apr 16, 2003
Silverlake,CA (Los Angeles)
Visit site
Mr. UglyPants said:
or an even worrser (is that a word) comapny EA Games!!:lol:

EA=BF2=crap customer support.

I can only play that game (BF2) for like, 10 mins at a time before turning it off. UT2k4 I can play for extended periods at a time.

It goes to show you who has mad programming skills.
Epic FTW!
and not to mention kick ass visuals/art dept.

I swear I cannot wait for that 2k7 demo....
:2thumb: :cheers: :rockon: :notworthy:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Ryan Gordon (Icculus) has stated there'll be a patch for linux, mac and x64 windows in the next day. Give him 48 hours (just to be safe) and see what happens?

NEOBassDUDE said:
x64 patch anyone? :)

G

guest0r

BlackDragon323 said:

I can only play that game (BF2) for like, 10 mins at a time before turning it off. UT2k4 I can play for extended periods at a time.

Epic FTW!

DICE made BF2. EA just published it.
GG.

Super-Moose

Dec 3, 2005
UK
/\ Ignore that please. :0
BlackDragon323 said:

Epic FTW!

DICE developed BF2. EA just published it.
Why does that confuse so many people? lol.

Last edited:

rhirud

Fast learning novice
Feb 20, 2004
Because the relationship between EA and it's publishers isn't that simple. EA is not a hands off publisher. It has considerable clout; which it uses to exert pressure; and often owns a considerable stake in the smaller companies.

The fact that EA used another set of developers to do the special forces add on shows plainly that Dice is not working in isolation.

And there's no way I'm buying any other EA games after BF2; unless a few months have passed and the community is happy with it. Because BF2 also proves that the gaming press can't stand up to EA either.

livingtarget

BulletCatcher
Mar 15, 2002
Aberdeen
It's mainly opengl and linux/mac rendering of things. Includes working motion blur for RedOrchestra and still have to test soulkeeper :)

U

Unregistered

AFAIK the motion blur and projectors have nothing to do with eachother.

Projectors handle things like Shadows.

I'd be interested to see how they have been improved / optimized as well.

I know for a fact that with the last build, if you got too many characters in one area with projector based shadows , the surrounding environment would start blackening (assuming it was bAcceptProjectors).

Plouj

Oct 8, 2004
RE: Linux Patch
For me, the motion blur effect in metaball and soulkeeper changed from white screen to black screen...