Share Your Old Hardware

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Scumgrief

Lord of Fnord
Dec 31, 2002
www.carpeimperium.com
Have some unused or unwanted hardware that someone else could use? Looking for a part but don't have the cash? Post what ya got & share with those less fortunate.

Last edited:

PhrozeN

And Apple a day keeps the doctor away
Sep 16, 2001
Winnipeg MB
www.redfire-mg.com
Might be able to get some Intel 486dx chips (0$, Free Shipping)
Pentium 90 Mhz Processor (0$, Free Shipping)

Kinda Fried 20 GB Maxtor 7200 RPM HDD
1.08 GB Maxtor HDD
540 MB IBM HDD

Intel NIC Card with Serial Port and RJ45 Port (0$ + shipping)
D-Link 10/100 Network Card (New in box)

Cirrus Logic 1024 K VGA Video Card (0$ + Shipping)
Sound Blaster 16

Tonnes of 40 Pin IDE Cables (0$ + Shipping)

Toshiba CD-ROM Drive 4x (0$ + Shipping)
JVC CD-RW 4x 2x 24x (Still kinda burns at 2x, 0$ + Shipping)

Destiny P5TX-Bpro Motherboard

Dallas DS12887 Real Time Clock Chip (dont know if it works, 0$, Free Shipping)

Windows 3.11 Original Install Disks + Manual + Box
IBM PC DOS 6.3 Original Install Disks + Manual + Box

I dont know if ill sell most of this stuff, but if anybody wants let me know and mabey we can work something out.

Added - July 23rd 2003:

Artek 2 Button Mouse - Windows 3.1 / DOS Only - Has orignal install disk + Manual + Box (0$ + Shipping)
A Open ISA PnP Ethernet Card (0$ + Shipping)
Tonnes of PCI Cover Plates (0$, Free Shipping)
Microsoft Sidewinder Gamepad + Original Install CD + Box
Microsoft Sidewinder Freestyle Pro (With motion sensing) + Original Install CD + Box - Includes Motocross Madness
UMAX Astra 1220p Scanner - Win 95, 98, Me Only + Orignal Box + Drivers CD
2 X 9600 Baud External JVC Modems (may or may not work, no cables or power supply included, 0$ + Shipping))
14.4 and 28.8 US Robotics Sportster External Modems (might have to find those, I know I have them somewhere)

All items are guarenteed to be in working order unless otherwise stated
PM Me For Pricing Information and Digital Pictures

Last edited:

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Doh, the other one got lost in the "Big Crash". I'm sticky this.
Good initiative, Scumgrief.
Now boys and girls, let your generosity flow. :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I have a 300W RaidMAX Power Supply that I will give up for the price of shipping. PM me with details.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Ahhh! Scum beat me to it! I was thinking about about doing this all week, but never got around to check. Kudos Scum.

I'm actually willing to make a trade for what I want.
What I have - 1 stick 256mb PC133, brand new (generic)
What I need - 256mb PC100, new or used, 1 stick or 2 128's.

I'm upgrading an old PC to set up for my daughter to play her kiddie learning games. In my computer n00bness, I bought the PC133, not realized that the PC100 has the same slot type and that's what I needed. I tried everything to get the PC133 to work, but no luck. So I want to see if anyone what's to swap or something. I know 256mb of ram is a lot to just give away, that's why I'm offering something in return.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Phrozen: when you say kind of fried, does it still work?

as for me, I have a set of Labtec Spin 50s, but the power cord came undone so I use an all-in-one AC adapter. If you dont have one, I could probably send you one.

Logitech 2 Button ball mouse. Works perfectly

32X CD-ROM drive (not sure if it works)
a bunch of 56K modems
Creative Graphics Blaster Exxtreme
S3 Virge GX2

if anyone is interested, PM me with details, all you pay is shipping.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
LOL I would do that too, but I still use the stuff that I give away lol! I know I could efficiently run a business dealing with hardware...thought about it MANY times.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Clayeth said:
true, but if someone chooses to put something on there with a price of $0 + shipping, what's the problem?
Nothing is wrong with that. I guess most people want to get payed for the shipping.
That's not what I was talking about.

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Good to see the spirit of giving is still alive. Thanks for reopening this thread.

Remember, the purpose of the original thread was to share hardware for those who couldn't pay for an upgrade to play the latest Unreal games. If you have a decent system, please allow those without to receive the upgrades. Of course, the final decision rests with the owner.

There are no rules about how you give away your hardware, except we don't want people to make money. I haven't seen this happen, and I'm sure it won't. Requesting someone to pay for shipping is justified, in my view. Shipping cost can become a monster, especially if you have several items being shipped to numerous individuals.

You guys are great and I know the other members appreciate the gestures and offers.