Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I don't have a link at hand but gbx has increased shield drop rates till sept.2.(and if I got that right it's a chest based event, however I think the spawn rate of tubbies has been increased along with that)

Got a lvl 61 bunny and a 61 WTF today along with a bunch of e techs and a 59 pearl stalker.

also the patch today on xbox unlocked new eridium upgrades. got a backpack capacity of 39 now, still too little.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
There was also supposed to be an increase to how much eridium you can carry, but that borked.
"Black" rarity weapons are gone, tho other modded weapons(ex: explosive norfleet) can still occur.
There was also a fix for Zero's DeathMark skill, but it went a bit too far. Was supposed to prevent "quad-nai" stacking with kunai's, but made it so only one enemy can be DeathMark'd at a time.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
There's a literal shit storm over at the GBX forums for the zero nerf, and I think everyone there is also confused and annoyed at the buffed health regen. DOT was terribly scaled before and now it's completely worthless and it looks like things are being healed instead of damaged. I don't know what crack GBX is smoking but that's got to be some strong stuff to mess zero and dot scaling this much.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
There's a literal shit storm over at the GBX forums for the zero nerf, and I think everyone there is also confused and annoyed at the buffed health regen. DOT was terribly scaled before and now it's completely worthless and it looks like things are being healed instead of damaged. I don't know what crack GBX is smoking but that's got to be some strong stuff to mess zero and dot scaling this much.

yep, had that a few times today while trying to get some more shields.
I just recently got a 61 hellfire and I used it twice before the patch. the former awesome burn damage seems completely negated.
also why touch zero, why???

btw. I got a bee out of a chest today. it has the exact same stats as the bee I already had :rolleyes: there's so many shields I havn't seen yet.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
damn, somebody has compiled a list of the new items already. So if you dont want to spoil something don't click on this: http://imgur.com/a/zyqa9

best of all there's 3 new legendary class mods for each single character respectively

zeros killer mod ♥

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
The big issue behind DeathMark/Kunai is that the DM can only be on a single enemy at any given time, even if you have 4 Zero players.
I get capping the damage boost, but making it a "one or none" thing is a big dafuq

As for the boosted health regen, I dunno. On the one hand I'm usually pumping out so much damage that most things don't live long enough for it to matter, but on the other hand, I'm reminded of when I first brought my Giage into UVHM without a bayoneted weapon

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm pretty pissed they screwed up zer0 like this. Zer0 was already stupidly underpowered compared to everyone else. Now it's only a million times worse.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Underpowered? As far as I know, Zero is the only character that can hit BL2s damage cap. Apparently Pimpernel + Bore makes for a nasty combo, but I have yet to play Zero, so I dunno.
It would seem some place Zero as one of the more powerful characters. Hell, I've watched a few streams where a guy tore through a good sized mob without leaving Deception once

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I'm pretty pissed they screwed up zer0 like this. Zer0 was already stupidly underpowered compared to everyone else. Now it's only a million times worse.

Quite the opposite, from lvl 45 on zero becomes the strongest char of the original four. However, getting him there was not always easy so I think GBX is really screwing zero players over....
and the nerf is very specific it's like they want to ruin the best combos of everything in this game.

having said that, I changed my gear around and I am now exploiting velocity and two fang in combination with my Ogre. Sucks what you got to do to get a full auto spingun ;)

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
What's funny is people are saying "Why did Gearbox "fix" DM and not touch MoneyShotchaining, shamfleeting, Maya Immolate glitch, etc, etc?"

yeah :mad:

rabid stalkers are flooring my zero frequently. :mad::mad:
also, did they screw with the legendary loot midgets?
I rarely get a relic from them now and nothing else but money and ammo.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Well, with kunai stacking, I think it may have been unintended for it to stack upon itself to 80% debuff, but I doubt Gearbox intended for Deathmark to apply to only a single target.
Deception is so short there'd be no point in 5 sets since by the time the first target would be dead(via coop partner), you'd maybe be able to DM a second target before Deception would run out

As for Sal and MS chaining, it probably was unintended, but I don't know what Gearbox can do short of disabling Incon on the last bullet, which would probably be a nightmare in itself with all the mag size shifting skills/coms/bonuses/friendly bonuses/etc
Rough Rider is an interesting bit in regards to MS chains. I've spotted that it actually has a capacity of 100, but I'm guessing it has either an extremely long recharge delay or a recharge rate of 0

Shamfleet: I dunno. I keep the gear for it on hand, but rarely use it

Immolate glitch: Never used it, tho I figure it's definitely unintended and being worked on

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Zer0 can hit the damage cap with specific gear and a specific spec. If you are running a bog standard Zer0 build without b0re (or even just not using b0re properly), he's pretty much weak compared to everyone else. That being said, he is nowhere near as weak as Brick was.

Part of my problem with some of the changes Gearbox has made lately is that they nerf completely legitimate builds in the game. It messes up the stock game when they nerf something for end-gamers.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Actually I found out about a build for Brick that supposedly made him out-DPS even Lilith. I don't remember the exact build, but it was focused around the Ogre, filling Brick's Blaster tree, and pretty much completely ignoring Berzerk

Also recently realized this about Corrosive in BL1
Subsequent attacks against a corroding target enjoy a 15% damage bonus.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I genuinely don't get it.

elemental effect damage has been gimped with the new patch to a point where maya with all her element based skills is a lot less fun to play. I just did a round uvhm with a friend using my maya.
Also, Elemental effect weapons already come with a damage penalty so this seems to screw a lot of equipment, see my comment about the hellfire smg.

edit: as I see it they screwed the health regen of the enemies up. Instead of giving the ai the ability to regen after they took cover like in all cod games or as every vault hunter has to do enemies are now basically wolverine.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
So Gearbox is still nerfing shit that actually makes the game bearable? Bunch of damn fuckwits I tell ya. First the Bee, then Zero, now the above. What else have they nerfed?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yeah, the health regen is ridiculous at level 61 now. You basically have to slag or else.