Do you want Epic Games to hear your feedback?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BigDragon

Jan 20, 2008
Reston, VA
You know what that does for the community? Makes them feel that Epic doesn't give a rats ass what they think. Your long term fans are the ones with the most love for this series, and the ones who will inevitably be most vocal about their disagreements with the design choices made for UT3. And you're shutting them down.
You can't say it any better than that. Quote of the month. :)

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
4- What Anuban mentioned.

Thanks and see y'all on FragBU!

Yeah!! What I mentioned .... umm what was that again :lol::lol: I better see some results I know that ... Jeff is actually reading this and I don't see anything ... no improvements and I keep getting hassled by Epic forum goers ... man you won't want to be at the next GDC because I WILL SHOW UP ANGRY AND LOOKING TO CREATE HELL ON EARTH :eek:. I don't live that far from San Fran and I met Mark once before a few years back when you very first showed the engine. He should remember me, even though he blew me off to rap with the CORE team (kinda ... he was charming ... as a snake) ... how many black mod leaders have you folks met over the years ... not too many from what I have seen. So anyway I will show and I will make waves ... don't doubt it. :lol::lol::lol: ;)

faultymoose

Feb 25, 2008
Honorable men can disagree :).

Yeah true, and fair enough. It's your forums and you need to run them how you feel will best encourage a good community spirit.

I still don't think it would hurt to - even occasionally - allow a potentially 'negative' thread to run its course. Maybe even provide some feedback. If nothing else, it gives people a chance to have their say and the impression that Epic is listening. Surely that has to make people happy.

If it doesn't, ban hammer and delete away.

As I posted in the official forums (but was deleted, not sure why) maybe you guys could have a suggestion forum. Then if you're worried about anything potentially negative showing up on General, you can get rid of it. But the fans who have gone to the trouble to post a well reasoned topic don't have to be auto-trashed, and maybe Epic will even get some great ideas from the people who keep them in business?

Anyway, enough said. We do disagree on some things, but I DO - despite what I've said - see your point of view.

WarTourist

Jan 22, 2008
I still don't think it would hurt to - even occasionally - allow a potentially 'negative' thread to run its course.

There's loads of threads that are critical of UT3, including virtually every patch thread. The ones that stay though are clearly trying to help make the game better, not serve as therapy for the poster.

The UT3 forums serve a very different purpose from fan forums like BUF. Ours are the 'official' forums where people who like the game can come and read virtually 100% on-topic content. I think of BUF as the more informal gathering place for the community. There are loads of things I post over here that I wouldn't over there, and for good reason.

Maybe the analogy is the official forums are Variety and the BUF forums are Rolling Stone :)?

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Maybe the analogy is the official forums are Variety and the BUF forums are Rolling Stone :)?

:confused: I don't get that one ... care to explain ... :lol:

Edit: BTW stop complaining about thread deletions ... I have my threads deleted alot when I post in the general chat area and you don't hear me complaining ... well not loudly anyway. :p

Last edited:

faultymoose

Feb 25, 2008
There's loads of threads that are critical of UT3, including virtually every patch thread. The ones that stay though are clearly trying to help make the game better, not serve as therapy for the poster.

The UT3 forums serve a very different purpose from fan forums like BUF. Ours are the 'official' forums where people who like the game can come and read virtually 100% on-topic content. I think of BUF as the more informal gathering place for the community. There are loads of things I post over here that I wouldn't over there, and for good reason.

Fair enough, point taken. Thanks for the feedback. Having been involved in a lot of online communities for games such as BF2, CS, WoW, etc. I can see cases where lax moderation has reduced the community to an online cess pit. So again, I see your point, but it is still frustrating.

And Anuban, I'm not complaining so much for the deletion of my threads, rather the practice of deletion. It's just a shame to see some really good discussions disappear because they can potentially become bitchy.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Any info yet on that Mid-Game spectate tab being included in the next patch? :B
Are a fix for models reverting to Demo Guy on map/gametype switch. D:

I've been looking at the score boards when that happens and the players are listed as the SP names of "reaper, jester, etc..." Perhaps the game thinks that we're playing the SP co-op mode?

Last edited:

subset

Nali Wardog
Feb 4, 2008
Austria
Subset, your avatar rocks
Thx, difficult to disagree... woof-woof

WarTourist said:
Ours are the 'official' forums where people who like the game can come and read virtually 100% on-topic content.
Quite likely for that reason is plenty of work to do with deleting and banning.
Childish and viewless adoration is expected, but a lot of adult and confident buyers raise their voices.
No buyer likes it to be treated like sh!t, no matter where. This is a no go in every business.
Agree or disagree, time will tell and sales figures will show it.

Cheers