Proublem submitting maps to nalicity

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Firstly, go to ftp://nalicity.beyondunreal.com through your Windows Explorer. After that, it will ask you for a password. In the screen: enter user as "ncftp" and password as "upload". Secondly, find your map in your harddrive (make sure it fits the specifications of the rules first) then drag it into the Windows Explorer window to ftp://nalicity.beyondunreal.com then it should begin uploading. Thirdly, claim your map. After you have finished uploading, go to the "Claim Your Map" window back in the Nalicity main site and enter whatever the screen demands you to enter.

Fourthly, don't panic if your map doesn't appear... because it'll be a day and half before it does. :)

I always come here... not to the forums though... I only came back to the forums after figuring out something...

Helgso said:
ARGH! now it is another proublem! When i have signed me in to ftp://nalicity.beyondunreal.com with username and password and drag my map in then it popps up: "Permission denided. Make sure you have permission to add files to the server". Any ideas?
BTW, if that double check didn't work, you might as well do it the hard way. :p You may have to download an FTP client.

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
Permission denied is when the filename you are uploading already exists. ie, if you tried to transfer, got disconnected, and tried again; then it would fail. or if you reuploaded the zip.

Beyond actually uploading the zip to the FTP, you will need to claim the map. If you don't claim the map it will not show up on the site. To claim the map, you need to have registered with NaliCity (go to MyNali and click Register if you have not already). Once you are logged in, you can go to Submit Maps and click Claim map.

I only mention this because if you had already registered and went to Submit Maps, you would have seen the FTP information. The FTP information isn't shown to users who are not logged in.

Helgso

Helgso
Dec 5, 2005
Iceland
www.tv.is
i mean when i say claim map then it just appears that the specified map has not been uploaded. But i say every information correct and everything but it just do not say that i have uploaded the map even that i have done it.

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
Carthage, if you claim a corrupt zip it won't appear on the site... you should get a message saying the zip was denied due to corruption. If you tell me the filename I'll delete the corrupt version or you can just upload with a different filename.

Helgso, the filename is case sensitive. BiteMe.zip is not the same as biteme.zip. Also include the extension. Hope that helps.