anyone interested in a 1v1 tournament

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Pro = Raffi, m&ms, dan, JD, Scumgrief, me, Dird, T2A. I can't think of any others right now, but there's 8 players for you.

Or maybe we could have a round-robin thingy for points to determine who's pro and who's not.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Don't worry, we're going to be having another one soon. Keep watching these forums for the announcement... maybe within a week.

It will be a far cooler format than last tournament, that's for sure.

discreet

i love lamp.
Jun 25, 2004
nj represent
wow, a lot of replies in short time, good to see.

Raffi_B said:
Don't worry, we're going to be having another one soon. Keep watching these forums for the announcement... maybe within a week.

It will be a far cooler format than last tournament, that's for sure.

even better! i won't have to do any work.

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Dan goes here by dc-.

I remember talking with Raffi a while back and double elim with groups or something is what we were talking about.

:D

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
I think a lot of people would like a 1v1 tourney. The two seperate tourney thing is not a good idea. Just have an intensive loser's bracket so everyone gets a lot out of the experience.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Can't wait for the new tourney. I had fun with my four matches, but it does kinda suck with single elimination. With a loser's bracket everyone can be guaranteed four games at least.

K.N.I.F.E said:
vehikals are l337
Sho' nuff! ;)

|
|
v

dc

Aug 17, 2005
I can't wait to play Raffi and watch him run away from me every time I see him ;-]

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I'm a total noob at 1v1. I remember playing Raffi about a year ago and I think the first match may have ended in me in negative numbers. :lol: Since then I've played 1v1's a lot more and have learned a lot. Still a total noob though.

Having been a die-hard Unreal CTF'er and occasional FFA player over the last 6 years or so, I was just not prepared for how different the gameplay is in 1v1. Particularly UT2004 vs UT.

I wish I could sign up, but I'd definitely belong in the amateur bracket, given my past experience with it. :D

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Dude, halbert... I had a negative score the first few times I played Raffi too. The total frag count at the end of four maps was 100 to 5 or something. Once you get used to the fact that you really have to work for each frag against an equally- or more-skilled player you start doing much better. The last two games I had against Raffi yesterday or the day before ended with him taking me out in 12-12 overtime twice, and I've beaten him a couple times. I usually choke though, so I end up losing any lead I may have most of the time. I doubt you belong in the 1v1 n00b bracket, if there's gonna be one.