Offensive Combat - Beta Keys

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BIOS

Oct 31, 2002
seattle, wa USA
www.biosleveldesign.com
Hi everyone.

I haven't posted in awhile, but I've been a little busy. ;)

Anyhow, the game I've been working on, Offensive Combat, has finally entered the closed beta phase and I'd love to get some of this community into the game and playing. OC is a browser based, free to play, multiplayer only shooter.

If you are indeed interested, send me a PM and I'll hook you up with a beta key.

Thanks!

OC_Media_2_med.png

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Can you give me the bottom line? What does OC have that UT2004 doesn't? I'm not trying to be a jerk but all the features you described to me can be perfectly duplicated in UT2004 with both the base game and the right mods.

Wabakimi

Jun 30, 2012
Sent you a PM, really looking forward to hearing back from you! Thank you for the opportunity.

Captain Scibra

That Gravity Elemental
Jun 15, 2012
East Coast
Can you give me the bottom line? What does OC have that UT2004 doesn't? I'm not trying to be a jerk but all the features you described to me can be perfectly duplicated in UT2004 with both the base game and the right mods.

It works for me, so whatever for you.

Last edited:

BIOS

Oct 31, 2002
seattle, wa USA
www.biosleveldesign.com

You can do just about anything with the right combination of mods, no? :D

That said, differentiations from UT2004 include:

• Customizable character pieces (heads, torsos, arms, hands, legs)
  • Pwns
  • Consumables
  • Character Leveling
  • Weapon Leveling
  • Weapon Perks
  • Friendlist integration
  • Mobile game integration
  • In game economy
  • Free to Play

Everyone on the team loves the glory days of UT/Quake and for sure those games were an influence on the OC design. If you're interested in checking it out, PM me and I'll hook you up with a key.

PS. Thanks everyone for the PMs and key requests, I'll send those out in a couple of hours!

Last edited:

jynxinator

Jun 30, 2012

It's a completely different game, with different playstyles. It's like comparing Bioshock to Skyrim. Both great first person games with rpg elements, but they are still not comparable. Besides, who wants to play the same game all the time? I'm glad to see a new developer come up with a new, unique idea, unlike all of the cut and paste clones of military shooters. And if you don't like it, it's free, so you're not losing anything.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Ha! I brought them to the site! Yay! ;)

They're not going to stay.

Hm, I might try it out. How many keys do you have left to give out? Any deadline? What are the system requirements

Last edited:

BIOS

Oct 31, 2002
seattle, wa USA
www.biosleveldesign.com
They're not going to stay.

Hm, I might try it out. How many keys do you have left to give out? Any deadline? What are the system requirements

At the moment I don't know when the closed beta will end and the open beta will begin. I still have some keys to give out though, so if you'd like a key, just PM me.

As far as system specs, we haven't set our official min spec yet, but for the most part any recent machine that has a dedicated GPU (as opposed to an integrated graphics chipset) should be able to run the game. Unity scales pretty well. I can run OC on my 4 year old ASUS N80, for example.

Personally, I'd recommend a video card with 512mb or more.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Alright, sorry it took so long to reply with an opinion but I kinda forgot. :\

Well, I couldn't actually play competently as starting up a simple match seemed to really slow down my computer. I don't know if it's lag or...

What I have played though, I was able to glean and get an opinion on certain things.

1. The kinda cartoony, in-your-face theme of the whole game really isn't a good idea, man. I thought it was annoying.

2. The default key config is off and rather confusing.

3. Menu is confusing to navigate. Some things just didn't work at all for whatever reason.

And lastly, 4. Since this is an online game, you really shouldn't be trying to push the graphics. In order to get as many people playing the game as possible online, it's definitely a good idea to have some pretty low requirements.

I know it's too late now but personally, I would have made this a downloadable game instead of a browser-based one.