Putting a Ripper Lite in my map?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
I'm having trouble cooking my map with the Ripper Lite as a pickup..

What I do is open the .UPK file, and then the .U file.
I can now select the "Ripper Lite" from the weapons list of a pickup base.
I can then Play-In-Editor and it works fine - great fun.
I cook the map, no errors - but when I go into the game proper there is nothing there (not even the pickup base it was on).
Also, when I reload the map in the editor it says - "Missing resource: RipperLite" (or similar) and it discards the pickup base it was on (no longer there).

I've heard you can do this though..

I'm just not sure how to get it to work.. Any help?

(this is the map, it really needs the ripper as a separate weapon - not replacing the stinger..)
gothic2008g.jpg

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
Sorry for the lack of replies. Parser (the one behind the Ripper Lite) seems to have returned in some capacity though, so you may want to try PM'ing him. He has a thread on the new Ripper Lite version (released just a few days ago) in the Content Releases sub-forum on BuF, if you need his contact details. Good luck on the map!

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Hi sneh,

I made a brief post on the epic forums, but I've since had another idea about the problem!

It might be the case that you're running the map in unpublished mode and have the Ripper installed in published mode, or vice versa. When you installed the Ripper files, did you put them in the Published folder? If so, then are you running your UT3 copy with -useunpublished? I've done this a couple of times, the bottom line is that anything in the Published folder is ignored when you run in unpublished mode. This seems the most likely solution since you report the log is saying "Missing resource: RipperLite".

Other than that, I'm stumped at the moment... I'll give adding it into a map a try myself when I get the chance, the setup shouldn't be that different from the previous games, surely..

Hope that helps!

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
Thanks for your reply, I just finally figured it out yesterday lol :)

I was sure I had already tried this (maybe previous version??) but what ended up working was copying the files to the unpublished folder, and loading them from there instead. In the end, so simple!! (since I dont use -useunpublished, way too messy in there!)

I guess my only question now is, do I have permission to release maps with the ripper cooked in them - and are there any specific credits / txt you would like me to bundle when I do? Thanks :)

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
As far as permission goes, there's no problem there, if you could just give a small credit in the readme and perhaps a link to the website, that would be great!

I didn't know you could cook script packages though, if you cook it into the map package and then take away the original files does it still work? If so, that's great, as it's more convenient, but I would test it first. :)

Cheers!

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
As far as permission goes, there's no problem there, if you could just give a small credit in the readme and perhaps a link to the website, that would be great!

Cool, thankyou!

I didn't know you could cook script packages though, if you cook it into the map package and then take away the original files does it still work? If so, that's great, as it's more convenient, but I would test it first. :)

Cheers!

Yes, it cooks anything required into the one map file, so long as you have something in the map which needs it - so by adding the weapon, and ammo it knows it needs to cook the script which makes those classes in the first place as well.

I've tried this before on my second computer, which has a clean UT3 v1.0 installed - All I needed to copy was the single .ut3 map file, and it all works. :D