2.9 bonus pack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
-PUNITORE- said:
LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL, Almost, i mean i know G36 will be in bonus pack, but i fear this will be another UNUSEFUL "standard" rifle.
i have M16, and it works perfectly. if they want add rifles, i am happy only if they introduce something new and different! don't need clones!

i proposed something about the optic, but they said : "this is not a wish list".
i just reply "ok. do the typical clone rifle". but wanted u know what this rifle should be, " in my opinion".byeZ

*PS: same for other weapons, i fear they will be clones of actual ones. just different model & skin.

**PS: DAMN i'm not asking the OICW!! and you know it should be there in a realistic game armory like INF. just asking a serious optics on weapons, and the possibility of still aim with ironsight with a rifle that has optic!

I'm seasick already!

sublime

Cynic
Aug 1, 2000
Texas
www.caffeine-addict.org
-PUNITORE-, I highly suggest you look into the nature of gaming engines and what they can and can not do. Quite a few things are less hardware based and more software based than you seem to believe. The scope tricks you want would be like slapping wings and a rocket on a Pinto and trying to fly in it. It's just not made for that.

UT2k4 and FarCry are another matter all together of course since they were made with those sorts of things in mind.

And as for the weapons, I'm quite sure you realize that the ones in the bonus pack were weapons that were already modeled, skinned, and animated to oine degree or another. The team felt it would be a shame to have the work done on them already go to waste, so the weapons were finished up a bit (with some help from Duke) and put into this upcoming Bonus Pack. So suggesting more/different/better/whatever is pretty useless at this point, unless you're talking about future versions of Infiltration. In which case there's a forum for that sort of thing. ;)

Last edited:

=D.C.L.I=Snipez

Mar 7, 2004
Cleveland, OH
Well, I like the guns that are in INF already. I have seen the model of the G36k and G36c on UT Covert Forces and it looks and shoots fine. IMO guns in games like INF are more based on what kind of sights they have and the situation your in (for instance I don't think many people pick the M16 over the SIG because it is much better down to certain degrees). So for now, I'll just stick with the Splodeout or the nifty MP5 with AP attachment :) . But really! the bonus pack looks sweet, gj guys.

Last edited:

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
I'm not sure how you do it but in the Austrian army they aren't using those "emergency sights" generaly, they either use low ready for clearing houses etc. or use the 1.5 scope on the Steyr. I'm not sure how armys handle this issue with 4.0 scopes IF they have also emergency sights which is not a usual feature.

sublime

Cynic
Aug 1, 2000
Texas
www.caffeine-addict.org

punitore

Dec 23, 2003
heh, you all are right.
but my aim is another.

i'd like to have a game that simulate in realistic way (as possible with a PC) the real fights POSSIBILITY, not the real fights "ONLY".

i mean, america's army simulate pretty good actual real conflicts. we don't need INF anymore following your think line.

BUT i think INF is better than AA because it allow you to take a SAW, a BENELLI , and an M16 with M203. YOU CAN, all i ask.
i will take this crazy loadout, i will not take it, my choice! i will take only a .357 pistol? my choice too! i will die for it, because i'm noob in making loadouts, or because i'm stupid, MY fault! i love this!

just opinions, bye!

*about this bonus pack, i know is only a weapons addon, but should not be hard intruce some tweakings of engine, so i asked, forgive me.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
np at all, its just that this engine is allready tweaked all the way down the road. shure there are quite a few things about inf that could be a lot better, but would it be worth the work? shouldn't this time be spent on future projects?

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
I think Punitore's the first "noob" person to say he's happy about beign able to take Robar, mp5 and 56 nades and actually make a vaild point.

Good job... lets just hope the rest of the community feels the same way as me and doesn't flame you to all hell.