HEY! Get your acts together people!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Dudester

Surfing the edge of underconfidence.
Feb 21, 2000
York/Norwich England
www-users.york.ac.uk
The Dudester is meditating in his quarters, calm thoughts rushing through his Skaarj-hybrid mind, when he is rudely awakened by his Nali teachers.
They seem agitated, although this is hard to tell in Nali priests of such a high level.

"We bring terrible news, GreyOne," begins the most senior of the priests, Ouwandi'sha. "The old ones are returning to the world, to recover an artifact of great power. If they regain control of it, it will revitalise them and the myriad worlds will once again fall under their shadow." The Nali shivers despite himself at this thought.
"I'm confused," replies the Dudester, "Who are these old ones? You have taught me nothing of them before now..."

"Ah, GreyOne, when you came to us, fleeing the evil ones of the Messiah's race who wished to make you fight their wars for them, we taught you our arts of peace and tranquility. We were, and are impressed by your progress, and the small amount of telekinesis you have developed so recently.
However, the old ones are a secret known to only a few of us, lest the knowledge of them bring despair into less ascended souls." The old priest pauses a moment to sigh, t-king a bead of sweat from his brow to land on the floor.

"You may wonder, therefore, " the second priest, Shai'duha, "we have mentioned them to you now. The truth be told, we wish that we did not have to - but you are the one prophesised to help defend the world from the old ones shadow, so we must tell you of this now, as you are called by the strands of fate." He sighs too, but then continues, softly, as if someone - or, thinks the Dudester suddenly, something - might be listening in.

"The old ones are immensely powerful beings from beyond our world. Once, millions of crops ago, they ruled across reality - bending peoples to their will. Eventually, they grew bored of this sport and left us alone. As they withdrew, certain artifacts of their making were left behind."

"In most cases, the artifacts lost their power as the old ones left. Some, however, retained their vigour, casting their power in new forms without the insidious guidance of their absent creators. It is such a thing that the old ones have now discovered, in a city of the Messiah's home called "Las Vegas"."

"You must go, GreyOne and somehow destroy this evil artifact, before it is too late!"

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
"What the hell is that thing?"

"Don't know sir, I've never seen anything like it."

"Bah. Just another 'massive battlecruiser' design."

"But sir, they'd been giving us serious trouble before you arrived."

"Blast it with our primary weapons. Now."

A brillliant blue beam lances out from the Dragon's Bane and slices into the alien vessel's hull. Sparks and chunks of metal fly off the dying alien hulk as its engines, shields and weapons are blasted into smithereens.

The once mighty battlecruiser drifts helplessly, its hull breached and its life support failing.

"Sir....their life-support systems are failing, but I'm not getting any signs of sentient life forms. It's like.....well, something's there, but I'm not sure what it is."

Wolf immediately orders a division of his elite space marines to investigate.

When the squad returns, they are empty-handed, except for the commander, who is holding what appears to be a simian head.

"We found hundreds and hundreds of these.....creatures. Half ape, half cyborg, it seems. Whatever these things are, they're deadly in a fight and they attack in large packs."

Wolf examines the severed ape-head. "What's this?" he inquires. "There's some sort of label here":

f4rt.GIF

"Gorri-CHRYSt-X?" Somebody seems to have resurrected the Gorri-CHRYSt design, and mass-produced it. This does not look good. If this ship was only one of a massive strikeforce.......

"Stump!! Get on the comm! Raise Prophetus and Lady Ruiner and tell them what's just happened. I'm gonna need some hard-hitting backup, and I need it ASAP! And get those shields back up now!!!"

-
chainsaw.GIF

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Wolf|PuF
-]LoL[ Counter-Sniper and Shock-Ho
shockwhore.gif

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
I feel obliged to post. Tho I have no clue where the story is, I am proud that people are keeping this alive. :)

bullet2.gif

If it doesn't move, climb it. Or, if it moves real slow, that's OK too. Like old people.

The_Dudester

Surfing the edge of underconfidence.
Feb 21, 2000
York/Norwich England
www-users.york.ac.uk
The Dudester is taken through to the depths of the Nali temple - one of the few that the Skaarj did not desecrate before they were defeated by the Messiah - to a room locked with a thick stone slab.
As this slides back under the prodigious mental powers of the two great Nali priests, the Skaarj-hybrid takes in an entirely unexpected view. The room is vast, and seems to be a converted natural cave. Water drips from stalagtites on to the stone floor, but also, and amazingly, onto a huge array of Skaarj and human technology.

Most of the room is taken up by a battery of mostly alien power cells and generators, crudely wired together to provide power to the three other systems that take up the remaining space. At the left of the room is a human heavy duty attack bike - obviously salvaged from a military wreck - its power cells and side-mounted plasma-gatlings hooked up on recharge. At the right is a a Skaarj weapon-storage system, filled with Razorjacks, ASMDs and a single Reedeemer (MK1). All of the weapons are fully charged, and surrounded by heaps of ammo.
These two prizes are overshadowed by the central crown jewel of the collection - a truely massive Skaarj teleporter.
"Where did that thing come from?" asks the Dudester, in shock and reverence.

Shai'duha responds, a hint of smugness in his Nali voice.
"After the Messiah destroyed the Demon-Queen, a few brave souls ventured into the lair of the Sky-Demons to see if their power could be turned to good. We found this giant machine and a talking book that explained the meaning of the Sky-Demon writing."

"In accordance with the prophecy, we took the machine here, to our secret stockpile, in preparation for this day."

Suddenly, the meaning of everything hits home to the Dudester.
"You want me to take a hundred year old attack bike and a set of out-dated weapons, drive into a Skaarj telegate to who knows where and fight an ancient god for an artifact of unholy power?" he almost shouts, the Nali-taught control catching just in time.

The priests look sympathetic. "The tasks set of us by the gods and fate sometime weigh heavy on our souls."

There is a long pause, while the Dudester wrestles internally with himself. An eternity passes before he speaks again.
"When I came to you and asked you for help, you did not send me away, even though I resemble your tormentors and oppressors. I thank you for that. I thank you also for my name you gave me - Dudasta'te* - to remind me of my origins and my calling. I thank you for your endless patience, and the great lessons you have taught me. Though this task you set me is most difficult, I accept it by your wisdom."

With that, he moves to the weapons locker and stocks the back of the attack bike with a selection of the guns and ammo, leaps onto the bike, and rolls onto the telegate platform.

"Well," he says, "What are you..." The telegate cuts him off as the ancient system auto-activates and hurls him through space to his destiny.

*GreyOne, or The One Who Is Both Evil and Good.

Wolf Blackstar

Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Unknown Forces of Evil
Undisclosed Location

"We must strike again, before we lose the chance."

"Why?"

"Because if events continue, one of the two Evil Overlord(TM)s currently battling for custody of the human known as Taskmaster will eventually gain the upper hand."

"So which one do we strike?"

"We shall unleash our next plot on CHRYSt."

"Ah, yes. After Lord Khaine's defeat involving the loss of most of his star fleet, it is only fitting that we deal CHRYSt a deadly blow."

"A most deadly blow indeed. We shall strke him the hardest where it hurts most - by taking away something that he values above all else."

"And what would that be?"

"His wife."

A most wretched plan is then set in motion.....

-
chainsaw.GIF

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Wolf|PuF
shockwhore.gif

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Just trying to clean up KU's mess. You guys have worked hard on this and it belongs on the first page.

I feel bad posting when I'm not prepared to add to the story, but this thread really deserves a big old....

*BUMP*

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Boom|PuF
Author of the UT POEM

Wolf Blackstar

Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
From one side of Mars, LordKhaine plots his next move.

CHRYSt, not knowing the awful fate that is about to become his wife, considers his plans of action.

Ships bearing loads of Gorri-CHRYSt-X's continue to appear on all fronts.

Wolf stands his ground, remaining unnaffiliated with either side, yet involved as deeply as both of them.

Prophetus and Lady Ruiner observe the situation and prepare their own plans.

The mysterious dragon looks upon its potential victims and smiles.

Dudester exits the portal and finds himself in a world unlike anything he's experienced before.....

....and through it all, Taskmaster2 deperately attempts to convince Taskmaster of the ever-increasing danger he is in, and the gravity of the entire predicaments....

...while unknown shadows stir the cauldrons of rising evil and darkness.....

-
chainsaw.GIF

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Wolf|PuF
shockwhore.gif

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
Deep space
Unknown space craft of alien origin

And so the scene is set, here lies the council of the damned. A council of imortal beings, infinatly powerful and wise. The room is pitch black, with each council member lit up by a strong spotlight from above.

Lord Khaine steps into the light, into his position, for he too, is a member of the council.

"Members of the council, I have returned, and I bring news you may find interesting......."

bullet2.gif

LordKhaine

Wing Taker and Overall forum bad guy for hire.

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
CHRYSt watches and knows all.

It was written long ago:
"The wife of the CHRYSt is truly holy amongst the wretched evil of this universe. Any who lays a hand upon such a creature shall be cursed for all eternity, as shall his descendants. Thou shalt not bring the wrath of the CHRYSt upon all living beings through the use of his wife. For that shall be the end of days."

CHRYSt quietly gathers his armies of 2.4 billion robot attack marmosets and waits patiently.

bullet2.gif

If it doesn't move, climb it. Or, if it moves real slow, that's OK too. Like old people.

tykeal

Dec 28, 1999
Tacoma, Wa, USA
www.bardicgrove.org
DarkReaper - you don't believe we would create a thread like this otherwise do you?

-------------On with the story-----------
"Sir, CHRYSt is requesting our supply of robot marmosets. How shall we reply?"

"No. We will not supply him with our marmosets. He may have command of the fleet, but I will not stand for his requesting our marmosets. What will we use for bait to catch dinner if he takes them? I for one refuse to go hungry just so he can use them as cannon fodder! Inform CHRYSt that if he makes such a request again we _will_ withdraw our support and continue with our main objective without him."

"As you wish, sir."

bullet2.gif

I belch in your general direction.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
*OshadowO tries to weasel his way into this thread but his feeble mind cannot fathom what's its purpose so he just spams and leaves, perhaps never to be seen again.

Wolf Blackstar

Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Undisclosed Location - LordKhaine's secret base

"My fellow immortals, I have excellent news! My master has instructed me on a most perfect plan. With it, we shall eliminate CHRYST, and carve out a larger holding throughout this universe. Soon, every star cluster and galaxy will be OURS!!!"

"Master Khaine, what is this great and glorious plan? We shall be eager to carry it out, if it is as sound as you claim."

"It is most simple in nature. We will destroy CHRYSt by taking that which he values most from him."

"And that would be?"

"His wife."

"Ah, but can't you see that he has already deployed forces in anticipation of such a move?"

* LordKhaine laughs diabolically

"FOOLS! Cannot your simple minds comprehend the perfect plan, even when it is so easy?"

* LordKhaine's anti-Proph robes glow in the dark room as he gets up from the table and presses a secret panel in the wall

"The best part is, I had already carried out my plan BEFORE revealing it to you - and long before CHRYSt even thought of preparing for it!"

* The secret panel opens, revealing a cryo-stasis chamber.

"We already hold her in the depths of this Secret Dungeon Lair of Darkness®. And if CHRYSt so much as thinks of a rescue attempt, she DIES!!!!"

* LordKhaine laughs diabolically

<scene fade out>

-
chainsaw.GIF

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Wolf|PuF

Taskmaster

Godlike - I like God
Nov 29, 1999
www.geocities.com
The Taskmaster Saga

[Folks, I've been on vacation for a few weeks and I had honestly forgotten the forums. Let me make it up to you by continuing the story.]

Meanwhile, on Earth, two Taskmaster's argue over their fate. Mildly aware of the ongoing events in the cosmos, yet unaware of increasing gravity of the situation. Even Taskmaster 2 is woefully uninformed concerning the immense magnitude of the situation.

"Me?" stammered Taskmaster, feeling a twinge of fear under the piercing gaze of his genetic twin, "Why are they after me?"

"Unfortunately," explained his twin, "I do not have that information. I am lucky to be alive myself. As far as I know all my brothers have been eliminate."

"Brothers?" cried Taskmaster. "You mean there were more of me running around? I hope they didn't ruin my reputation as an up standing, law-abiding, God-fearing, American citizen!"

"Yes, a top-secret goverment operation created many clones from your DNA," outlined Task 2, "but due to a series of unexplained and unexpected events, the project became exposed. Some opportunistic folks took advantage of the situation. This forced the higher ups to view us clones as a liability. They began to terminate us one-by-one."

Taskmaster again was speechless, trying desperately to wake himself from this obvious bad dream. However hard he pinched himself, he just refused to wake up.

"On the bright side," chimed Task 2, "we gave you mom a real shock when a hand full of us clone stopped by the house trying to track you down! You should have seen the look on her face!"

"You did what..." yelled Taskmaster infuriated.

"Nevermind that..." interrupted his double, "we have got to leave! Time is short and getting shorter!" He pointed out the window toward the approaching fleet of spaceships for emphasis.

"I told you," ranted Taskmaster, "I'm not leaving! I have classes, tests, a hot date, and my copy of Diablo II. Now is just not a good time for a road trip!"

Taskmaster turned around to open the dorm room door so that his namesake could leave.

"I hate to do this," sighed Taskmaster 2, "but you leave me no choice." He landed a heavy blow to the back of Taskmaster's head, knocking him to the floor, unconscious.

"Oh man...." moaned Taskmaster, "my head is throbbing like Fleetwood Mac's drum."

"Good, you're awake. How's the head?"

Suddenly Taskmaster realized he was not in his room, but rather in an unfamiliar car being driven by his clone. The dream he thought he had woken from was turning out not to be a dream, but rather a nightmare!

"Where are we?" he demanded roughly.

"On our way to a place where we can blend in with the nameless crowd. Someplace where no one will care who we are or what we do. Some place where the only thing that matters is how much money we have -- you do have money? No matter."

"Oh cool!" brightened Taskmaster slightly. "We're going to Six Frags Over Florida!"

"No," answered Taskmaster 2, looking away from the road to give Taskmaster a scold, "the other place where all they care about is your money! Sin City. Den of Inequity. Lost Wages. City of Elvis' Love Chapel. Las Vegas here we come!"

"Well, New Orleans is good this time of year, but I guess Las Vegas can't be that bad." agreed Taskmaster. "After all, who would think to look for us there?"

"Pass the chips will ya..." laughed his clone.

Taskmaster stuck his head out the window as the wind whipped through his brown hair. In the dim light of the cresent moon, he watched the faux stars drawing imperceptibly closer to the Earth. His eyes stared at the pin-points of lights until they became a blur in his sight.

"God, you've never forsaken me before..." he whispered into the wind, "don't start now."

The red tail lights of their lone car faded in the distance driving west on Interstate 10.

Taskmaster

Godlike - I like God
Nov 29, 1999
www.geocities.com
The Taskmaster Saga

Early morning, somewhere in Texas, two young men, posing as identical twins (as no one would believe the truth) sat casually chatting over some breakfast in a road-side diner.

Taskmaster was laughing to himself over the neon sign out in front of the diner, that due to a burnt out letter read "affle house".

"I hope that doesn't describe the food." he had joked with his twin when they first entered. Thankfully it turned out to be pretty good food.

They were basically out in the "boonies" as people say, and there was only few other customers, mostly truck drivers or locals on the way to work.

"Can I get another OJ here, please." asked Task 2 of the waitress reading the paper behind the counter.

"Su'r hon, be right there."

"So, who in there right mind orders mashed potatoes for breakfast?" he inquired of his traveling companion.

"Huh?" replied Taskmaster looking up from his plate of mashed potatoes. "Uh, I don't know... I just felt like I had to!"

Taskmaster used his utensils to shape the sticky potatoes slowly into a shape. From a vision in his mind's eye he tediously and systemmatically shaped the white mush into a work of art.

"Crap!" muttered his clone, "Is that Devil's Tower?"

The potatoes roughly resembled the ancient Sphinx and the Cheops pryamid of Egypt.

"No, of course, not!" scoffed Taskmaster, "Do you think I'm crazy or something! Seesh! Actually I think it's the Sphinx and a pryamid...but what does it mean?"

"How the hell should I know? You made it." responded Task 2. He peeled the little wax paper square of a pat of butter and put it on top of Sphinx's head. It slide forward as it melted knocking off the nose as it fell to the plate.

"Here ya go doll." said the waitress placing a small glass of OJ on the table. "Hey, them potatoes look jus' like the Luxor!"

"The Luxor?" both Taskmasters asked in unison.

"Yea. Ya'll know, that new hotel in Vegas that's made up as an Egyptian place or sum'thin'. Looks just like that...except for the butter."

The twins exchanged knowing glances at each other, excited, yet uncertain as to what the future held and what bizarre part did they play in the grand scheme of things.

"So why do you think they want me?" asked Taskmaster as they walked out to the car.

"Beats me?" laughed Task 2, "I don't see anything special about you, that's for sure!"

"Thanks alot!"

"Get in the car will ya?! We've got a long drive!"

The blue sky was clear for as far as the eye could see across the long stretch of northern Texas. The beautiful morning sun shone brightly, in stark contrast to the impending dark events soon to take place.

Status
Not open for further replies.