Rooks Keep Details, Media Emerge

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Brand new media and details on Rooks Keep, the UDK title from RuneStorm, have emerged today. In addition to a traditional chess mode in which you can enjoy matching wits and animated chess pieces against the AI or another player, a fighting mode will allow you to take control of that piece during the battle. Other modes will be described in future updates.

(Rooks Keep) will indeed feature an expansive, interactive combat mode, where players will take direct control of the pieces and fight in pitched battles for victory.

In a variety of game-modes players can battle through fights with interactive combat, using quick and slow attacks, parrying, dodging and counter-attacks to out-maneuver the enemy. Players will be able to engage in this fighting game during standard Chess, or simply play with traditional rules. The attacker will still have an advantage, but a skilled fighter may actually fight back against the attacker and if victorious, the opposition loses their piece

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
I remember playing "Battle Chess" on our old 286 when I was like 12, and this brought back the feelings of how cool I thought that was. That map with the green sky is gorgeous, and the duel mode seems quite original.