UE1 - UT ut99 staticmesh

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Animus

bladiebladibla
Sep 24, 2004
in Manta under water
Im not so long around here, only since ut2004 and before that i only played the demo of UT99.

So whats with the mystery around meshes for UT99? I know you cant use staticmeshes to import but what else did they use?
did the developers really made everything with the 2d editor?
Or are there other neath tricks noone talks about?

im actually trying to get things from maya into the editor

Last edited:

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Actually, you can use static meshes in UT...kinda :) I did it myself in an old Jailbreak map

[SCREENSHOT]http://revbillyg.corenation.com/website/siteart/Mapart/UT/jb-babylon/jbbabylonshot2.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

But, yes 99.9% of UT was BSP, lovingly handcrated by the mapper :)

I think it is possible to convert from Maya to T3D but it's been a long time since I did any mapping for UT.

Animus

bladiebladibla
Sep 24, 2004
in Manta under water
wow that looks pretty cool is that a static mesh?
i looked into this in the past but i couldnt find anything about it, i only know that UT can import and export T3D and that the editor has "meshes" instead of static meshes button in the editor, but i dont understand anything about those functions.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
ya, UT99 doesnt support static meshes, just meshes (_a.3d, _d.3d) and skeletal meshes (psa, psk). What you can do -which I do myself- is convert a static mesh to a brush in UED3.0 then export it out as t3d so you can import the brush in UED2.0 and use it as a semi-solid pillar brush. Another way is to convert the static mesh into .3d file and compile into a .u file using dos so you can have your basic mesh in UT99.

There's a tool called MeshMaker that can convert the t3d files into a .3d file which contains your mesh for importing into UT. There's also the MilkShape program that has a 30 day trial that can do the work as well. All you need to know is the commands used for dos to compile your models into a mesh to be saved in a .u file.

but yeah, you can pretty much convert most static meshes into a mesh or semi-solid brush but the results can be ugly if not done correctly.

Animus

bladiebladibla
Sep 24, 2004
in Manta under water
i found a tool that can convert ASE to T3D.
http://www.solosnake.com/main/app/asetot3d.htm
only if i import the arch.t3d sample file that is included in the open-source package
into unreal editor nothing happens.

UED just sits there staring to me while im looking to my very basic cube level as if there has just happened something extrordinary wich i didnt noticed.
(already treyed "build all" and selected the option "import into existing map")

arch.t3d

Last edited: