UT3 Domination Reloaded

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

spl0k

Sep 27, 2004
France
spl0k.unreal-design.com
1. Name: Domination Reloaded
2. Version: 0.23
3. Compatibility: PC/PS3 - UT3 v1.2
4. Description: A small gametype mixing Classic Domination from UT99 and Bombing Run from UT200x
5. Homepage: http://spl0k.unreal-design.com/ut3/dr/
6. Downloads: http://spl0k.unreal-design.com/ut3/dr/downloads/

Hi there.
I created a small gametype mixing Classic Domination from UT99 and Bombing Run from UT200x.

In this gametype, players have to grab an orb (it's possible to have several orbs in a same map, it's on the level designer choice) and bring it to a node to capture it. Each node gives a point every four seconds to the team that captured it.
When you hold an orb, you have a new weapon: the orb launcher. Unlike the Ball Launcher from BR, it doesn't feature a passing system but can launch the orb with more or less power.

The mod comes with two maps, but only one is playable.
- DR-ShangriLa: it's DM-ShangriLa with one spawn base and three nodes.
- DR-Test: my test map and an example of what can be done with the UnrealKismet. When you keep the node next to the spawn base enough time, all the other nodes that are held by the other team are set to neutral.

As I'm not a level designer, if someone wants to do a map for the mod, don't hesitate. I'll be happy to see other people interested in the development of this mod.

Feel free to test and give feedback :)

(sorry for the awkward english)

UPDATE (2008/05/26) euchreplayer23 cooked it for PS3, see above link to download. Here's the note he left
euchreplayer23 said:
Please see above link for DominationReloaded cooked for PS3. The map DR-ShangriLa is also in the file. Make sure that you install DominationReloaded first and then the map.

UPDATE (2008/06/29) v0.2 PS3 link removed. Version 0.23 for PS3 is available on the download page linked above.
UPDATE (2008/06/29 (2)) PS3 version doesn't work actually.

Last edited:

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
The Shangri La level was pretty fun against the bots; I'll definitely be keeping this one around.
I wonder if there would be a way to tell them to defend the orb spawner once all three points are taken?

spl0k

Sep 27, 2004
France
spl0k.unreal-design.com
Hi there

I released a new version, 0.23.
What's new with this version: few bug fixes, an six new maps.
See first post for the download link.

edit:
I cooked and uploaded the PS3 version.
This is my first PS3 cooking, and I don't have a PS3 to test it, so maybe it won't work :p

Here's the download link: http://spl0k.unreal-design.com/ut3/dr/downloads/ps3/DominationReloaded_v0.23-PS3.zip

edit2: As expected, my PS3 version doesn't work

Last edited:

Hedge-o-Matic

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
Awesome! I loved new gametypes in UT99, and it looks like after the gametype-light 2kx days, new gametypes are coming out of the woodwork for UT3. Great news for people who generally don't play online, too, since new gametypes are hard to find servers for, unfortunately. The last custom gametype I played online was Slavemaster for UT99. Wish something could change that.