So what are you playing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
FeelTheUniverseXXX said:
I just played Gungrave. It's very short, but that was one of the best hours, ever. It was refreshing to play a game that seems like it was ripped straight from an arcade. I kinda missed "Hold down the fire button and run around shooting everything" games. It has beautiful graphics, too. Probably the best use of cell-shading I've seen. Excellent music, too.

Yeah, it had some graphical qualities, but overall, i didn't enjoy it as much as Devil May Cry, wich was in the same category but had a far more nervous action. (don't mention the sequel, one of the greatest wastes of potential i know of).
Gungrave is too slow, enemy design a joke, too repetitive and easy, not enough variety in the hits. It's entertaining the first time through, nothing more. I still play Devil May cry every now and then. DMC is superior in everything, except the general graphical theme that is just different.

Last edited:

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
I've heard a lot about DMC (as well as the disappointing sequel), but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'll rent it one of these days.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Gungrave is pretty kickass. I think the stuff to unluck and the grading isn't quite as much of an incentive to replay as they thought it was, but the game is a laugh while it lasts (running through the level destroying EVERYTHING and keeping your beats going = Win).

Reminds me of many a wasted hour pumping coins into arcade machines (or playing similar games on the Megadrive).

Last edited:

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Moonbase Commander. Lots.

Infiltration... ... some.

Soon, Port Royale, made by the guys who did Patritian 2. A trading game...with sea ships. Real time strategy, basically...but absolutely addicting and awesome. If you've ever played and enjoyed games like Privateer or Freelancer, you'd love Port Royale...because it's even bigger in scope. Instead of running one ship yourself, you schedule the trading and profit of a unlimited sized fleet of them. Muah. Muah hahhah...
Uhm...lets see...what else am I playing...hmm...

GTA3, actually. I never beat it, but I went back again after a 6 month hiatus.

MP_Lord_Kee

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
Currently I'm hooked on Uplink...simple but addictive..
Also played some Typing of the Dead and soon through with Vice City. Got several games lined up thou...not sure what I'll start playing next.

//Kee

Feb 26, 2001
England
Games I'm currently playing:

SWAT: GST
[Details withheld]

Raven Shield - Getting stressed at TDM - NOBODY PLAYS OBJECTIVE MAPS THE NUTTERS! Then they complain when people camp.

Eve - I really like this game, its a nice sit back, relax and play thing.

Morrorwind - Haven't played it for around a month now, but I have the sneaking suspision that I will have to continue with one of my 5 characters :)

Edit:
Lol @ my postcount, I feel all fresh and new.

Last edited:

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
spm1138 said:
Because you certainly aren't playing inf :p
Bah! I am TOO playing INF. So get your sorry butt online. INF is the only game I play besides UT/UT2k3 right now because I don't have a lot of time. I am thinking of getting Viet Cong or Flashpoint. Which one has better multiplayer?

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
enter the matrix
gta vice city
crimsonland
elastomania
geneforge
trying to get bahamut lagoon to work on my zsnes

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Morrowind was fun for a while, but once I assassinated God, I just didn't feel like there was anything else worth doing.

Spier

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Just finished Elite Force II, which was a a bit like Unreal 2, only better(although the endng was..trekkish). Id give it an 80 out of 100.

Other than that I haven't had much time to play lately.