Epic Games PAX East 2012 Q&A

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Epic Games PAX East 2012 Q&A

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY6ae0nZ_ws[/M]

Notable mentions in the video include:

Unreal Championship 2 (In general).

Fortnite (In general).

Whether or not Epic can and wants to return to the Unreal franchise.

Whether they will do anything more with GoW in the foreseeable future.

+

Advice for aspiring game devs.

So, all in all, a lot of good stuff if you haven't seen it yet.

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Cliff Bleszinski and Mike Capps answer a variety of questions at PAX '12. Topics include revisiting the Unreal universe, the possibilities of a Bulletstorm sequel, and developing Fortnite; a few things about Gears as well.

There were a couple of interesting things I noticed while watching. First, despite openly talking about Fortnite, which is being developed for the PC, they still teased that they are working on a PC title (implying something unannounced). Second, during a conversation about what PC gamers don't like, was the nice jab from Cliff towards Mike that they also don't appreciate games that they get six months later than everyone else. Gears anyone?

Anyhoo... the video (thanks Arnox)

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
toward the end the big guy at the back asked about returning to the Unreal series and it's hard to gauge whether they were trying to hide something in their response or not but at least on the face of it they were like "gee we'd love to but".. at this point i am not bothering looking forward to anything til they flat out announce it is Unreal related (and even then, until I see proof that it is actually good). long way to go.