playername reservation?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Grave

Carcass Devourment
May 3, 2000
Graveyard
www.progamers.cz
is it possible to make playername reservation system based on passwords/IP address ranges/database?
by database i mean like when there's e.g. a forum with usernames/passwords and server uses reservation based on the forum's database (querying the same forum database)
-you connect to a server
-it sees takes your name and checks against database if its reserved
-if it's reserved it asks for password (with ability to remember password)
-if it's not reserved either allow/disallow entering the game (admin configurable)

butto

Red Orchestra Coder
If you used some sort of central server and took advantage of UT's networking stuff it might be possible. I can't say for sure since I've never looked into the code for communicating with things outside of UT. It would be a pretty be project to get it up and running.