Aliens vs Predator 2 Multiplayer demo Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
No kidding, Aliens 3 and Alien: Resurrection are a total waste of time and $$$$$. Alien is okay -- and Aliens is one of the best sci-fi of all time.

I agree with Shakken that AvP 1 and AvP 2 should be a lot more true to the movie, but since we have no other options at this point I'll have to live with them as they are.

It would be cool to have an AvP mod of the quality of Infiltration...hint, hint. Just kidding, the legal issues would kill you, or would they?

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
OICW: I have good hopes for A:CM, but I'm still extremely apprehensive. So many before have got the Aliens formula wrong without exception. It's hard not to be sceptical.

striderteen: No joke about the legal issues. And no prizes on what themed mod I was working on previous to Infiltration.

&

"Sp!ke"

Have you ever heard about being "Foxed"...;)
I think a few dusin mods have been shut down just before theire release, thanks to Fox...:rolleyes:

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Monolith doesn't own the rights to Aliens. 20th Century F*cks does.

Back then, we already contacted F*cks Interactive to allow us to make a non-for-profit modification for HL.

If we had simply shut our mouths, we might have gotten away with building it underground. But no, we had to play it by the book.

They left us hanging with a few nonsensical reply e-mails and 2 months later; they Foxed us.

Never mind the fact we woudn't get a cent out of it and would perhaps have put a boost to their franchise. F*cks is a bully. Plain and simple.

For a fact, USCM:Infestation would have beated AvP inside out and then some.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Keichii: are you sure you have seen the movie ? Splitting and running in the dark without purpose ?
WTF are you talking about ?
They didn't know the danger it represented at first.
They tried to get rid off of the thing by separating the heavy cargo, that asked for some TEAM work.
They were betrayed by the humanoid...

:mad: And for the special effects critic, you should consider the age of the movie before stating some BS like that. This is movie is probably not of your generation and will never be. You are a pure product of the: "Ho this thing is cool because it is full 3D vextred with high poly numbers" generation. It is because of you that games and movies are only now a succession of special effects and explosion without any kind of originality behind it! :mad:

Either you liked or not, it is YOUR opinion and YOUR feeling. Attacking this movie for "SF sux" because it don't use last computer technology is pure dumbness.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Guess I'm the only one who can stomach Alien Ressurection. Mainly because I liked the style used in it. But it is clearly the lowest of the 4.

RiotChild

Apr 17, 2001
clansma.cjb.net
It wasn't such a bad effort considering the fact they had to work with a recycled plot again.... and find a way to recreate Ripley after she effectively plunged to her death in nr 3 with the queen in her hands.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Either you liked or not, it is YOUR opinion and YOUR feeling. Attacking this movie for "SF sux" because it don't use last computer technology is pure dumbness.

That was my opinion. I never said the special effects sucked ass. For the most part, they were extremely well done for it's time period, which is why the cheesy alien threw me for a loop. It was so obviously a guy in a suit that I half expected it to look down and check it's wrist watch. Not once did it ever scare me, and it ruined the atmosphere of the entire film.

In case you didn't know, the aliens in the sequel were men in suits as well, but at least they acted the part.

:mad: And for the special effects critic, you should consider the age of the movie before stating some BS like that. This is movie is probably not of your generation and will never be. You are a pure product of the: "Ho this thing is cool because it is full 3D vextred with high poly numbers" generation. It is because of you that games and movies are only now a succession of special effects and explosion without any kind of originality behind it! :mad:

Don't give me that shit about how special effects don't matter. If the alien's costume was made out of tin foil and magic marker, would you still hail the movie as a classic? Hell no! Special effects are just as important as anything else in a movie or game. Pretending otherwise just makes you sound like an elitist asshole.

By the way, if all anyone cares about nowadays is flashy special effects, then explain why movies like Wing Commander, Pitch Black, and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within bombed in the theaters.

And don't try to categorize me. You know next to nothing about me.

Keichii: are you sure you have seen the movie ? Splitting and running in the dark without purpose ?
WTF are you talking about ?
They didn't know the danger it represented at first.
They tried to get rid off of the thing by separating the heavy cargo, that asked for some TEAM work.
They were betrayed by the humanoid...

Yes, I own the entire set on DVD. From what you've written, it sounds like you're the one who hasn't seen it. The only time that they ever seperated the cargo from the hauler vessel was when they went down to LV-426 to inspect the distress signal, and that was simply because they couldn't land the ship while carrying hundreds of thousands of tons of ore behind them. Just so you know, I'll give you a rundown of the entire film...

"OH NO! A crew member was attacked by some kind of alien organism while investigating that derelict alien spacecraft and now it's attached itself to his face... oh, but now it fell off. It's all good. OH NO! Now some sort of alien creature burst out of his chest and is loose aboard the ship! Let's go search the poorly lit corridors for it! YES! We've got it cornered! WHOOPS! It was just a cat. Let's send someone out to get the cat so we don't pick it up again on our mysterious motion trackers. OH NO! The alien killed him! Now let's send the captain into the pitch black air shafts to try and flush the alien out, but let's not give him one of those fancy motion trackers. OH NO! It killed him too! Who would've guessed? OH NO! Now the science officer, who turns out to be an android, has gone crazy and is trying to kill everyone to protect the alien! It's a good thing we managed to kill him. Fuck it, let's just blow up the ship! First, we need to get coolant for the emergency escape vehicle, which apparently isn't much of an emergency escape vehicle since it can only support a fraction of the crew and needs coolant to operate, which is stored in a seperate location for some strange reason. We'll just send two people down to get some; one of them being a paniced idiot who couldn't operate a door knob to save her life. OH NO! The alien is trying to kill them now too! At least they've got a clean shot. Too bad the paniced idiot won't get out of the way so that the would-be hero can blast it. WHOOPS! They're both dead now too. I'll just make my way to the escape pod... OH NO! The alien is blocking the way. I'll just disengage the self destruct and... OH NO! It's too late! Better get back to that escape pod, which doesn't seem to need coolant anymore. Phew! I made it! Now I can relax... OH NO! The alien escaped with me! No biggy. I'll just grab on to something and blow it out into space, which is what we should've done in the first fucking place. THE END."

Like I said, most deaths resulted not from any alien creature, but from the crew's own idiocy. The movie was pure cheese, plain and simple.

-Keiichi

Last edited:

Fuct

Who is Adam King?
Jul 8, 2000
The Diamond Sea
predatoravp2.jpg

ANUBIS199

Jun 3, 2001
Visit site
Just a question guys, where did the super fast wall jumping aliens come in?? I dont remember that in any of the movies, although I have not seen them in a long time, where did the aliens get the presentation as fast moving wall climbers(not that I dont like them, I think they are by far the coolest alien ever thought up)?

ANUBIS

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
ANUBIS199: Aliens are not suppossed to race across walls like they do in AvP, but they can traverse them with ease(see Aliens, the medlab scene).

They can also leap from wall to wall (see Aliens, the scene where ripley searches for newt in hive.)

One thing I really hate is the way they run on their hind legs in AvP. They shouldn't be able to do that.

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
Also, the alien was so obviously a guy in a suit (and a pretty poor excuse for a suit at that) that it was rediculous
Tssss don't forget that this movie was made in 76 (correct me if I am wrong )...

Aliens is the best one, just one think deceived me...the apc ...man what is that ? it's not an apc its a formula one ! Look at this...no one would use this ! It is far too long and without suspension !

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Aliens are not suppossed to race across walls like they do in AvP, but they can traverse them with ease(see Aliens, the medlab scene).

I think the idea came from Alien 3, where the "runner" alien could easily race along the walls (watch the leadworks scene while the inmates are trying to lure the alien into the mold).

Tssss don't forget that this movie was made in 76 (correct me if I am wrong )...

Alien came out in 79.

-Keiichi

I liked Resurrection also....

Anywho, although I agree with what ShakKen said, I play it simply because a)I enjoy the environment and b)The gameplay is fun as hell.

Keiichi Sez:
By the way, if all anyone cares about nowadays is flashy special effects, then explain why movies like Wing Commander, Pitch Black, and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within bombed in the theaters.

No shit, I loved Pitch Black!