Impact hammer jumping

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PainReliever

Apr 29, 2000
Joplin, MO USA
Visit site
I have been practicing this like crazy trying to get it down, but I can't seem to get an impact hammer jump from the dock to the ship on AS-Frigate and I know I saw someone do it online. Can anyone tell me how to do this for distance, in detail? Also I heard you can boot your translocator with the impact hammer, what is the best way to do this?

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
I don't know about jumping from the dock onto the ship, but I do know that you should use your secondary fire on the impact hammer to launch your translocator.... not that it'll do much good on an AS map since the TS is disabled :)

ukliam3.gif
boldblue.gif
boldlblue.gif
boldpurple.gif
boldred.gif
bounce.gif
ukliam2.gif

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Another one. :)

I've never heard of that attempted. I'd just follow someone else or a few people in. :)

And booting the translocator (or telepunting) is usually done on inclines. Try it out in a botmatch on CTF-Face. Go to the top of your base, drop your translocator down at the flat part at the top of the incline, then draw back, crouch, charge your impact hammer, and walk up to it. The impact hammer *should* automatically fire it away, and it lands near/in the opponent's base. Better than dealing with those damn snipers. :)

bullet2.gif

The66thDopefish
a.k.a. The Dopefish
QuickICQ: 70291071

"What's the most dumbest creature in the universe? Why, of course, the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. It's so stupid that it thinks if you can't see it, it can't see you. One way to avoid the BugBlatter Beast is to throw a towel over your head."

"So that's why when I talk to one person on IRC we dominate the conversation!"

"Rooster, you are a lava ****er. =)"

"Well, spank my *** and call me Jennifer Love Hewitt (please)!" =)

Ender

Jan 1, 2000
Visit site
back to the original post: run backwards with the impact hammer at about a 45 degree angle, you may have to point it towards the ground more. start moving backwards and when you see the last line in the wood on the dock, jump and release the fire button on the IH and you should make it to the boat with 46 health

if you need anymore clarification just icq me at 22544069

-ÜfM-Ender

PainReliever

Apr 29, 2000
Joplin, MO USA
Visit site
WOW! You guys rock! Ender, I got it to work the first time, thanks! Wacky and Dopefish, I finally got the translocator into the opposite base on CTF-Face. I had never tried it on the slope. Besides Lavagiant are there any other places, where impact hammer jumping or tele-punting works good?

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
I've seen the telepunt used on the slope on the Blue side of Command. I've also seen it on the slope half way across Diamond Sword. You've just got to be inventive I guess, there a probably tons of ways to use it that people haven't even thought of yet.

ukliam3.gif
boldblue.gif
boldlblue.gif
boldpurple.gif
boldred.gif
bounce.gif
ukliam2.gif

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
You can save your team incredible time if you can I.H. jump over the gate to open the front doors in AS-Mazon.

If you can make it through the turret fire that is. Smart defenders will post snipers there too.

bullet2.gif

-Wolf Blackstar

"A chainsaw! find some meat!"
PuF: Bring on the pain!

Our hearts go out to Prophetus. God bless you, we wish you the best.

~Cobra~

Cursed!
Apr 7, 2000
Visit site
on lava if your out of anti-grav boots you can hammer jump back into your base if your red that is.... so you really have 4 jumps.... very useful...

bullet2.gif

"nice shot"
aka. [SBL]-Cobra