UT...IRC don't work. Me or Them?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Serpico_TC|PuF

Feb 20, 2000
Portsmouth
Visit site
Is it me, or is it them?

When I try to connect to #planetunreal (or any other channel) through UT, it connects, scrolls down a bit then stops (just after MOTD line)...thats it. Whats going on?

Let me know please.

cheer.

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
I have the same problem sometimes..I thought it was the software I used to connect two computers thru the cable but it happened since then too...i always have a backup copy of my UT system files....I replaced it and it worked again...You are not alone on this one..Guess what..the easiest way is to reinstall... /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif If you could figure out what system file is corrupt you could just replace that one.

Serpico_TC|PuF

Feb 20, 2000
Portsmouth
Visit site
Cheers Candy...I was kinda hoping I wouldn't have to re-instal. Oh well, I'll do it tomorrow and see if that fixes it.
(silly serp doesn't do backups) /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

Cheers.

NutBar-SOB

Dec 22, 1999
Ventura, CA
www.sobservers.com
It's probably your name. Some character are not allowed in IRC names and if you use them you can't get in.

When I was NutBar(<|<SOB>|> ) I couldn't get in. As NutBar-SOB I can. I'm not sure what the offending character is though.