unreal runtime editor problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mag7spy

May 9, 2006
I have this book that teachers u everything about this engine( http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0672326922 )

It has tutorial files on it i cant acesess them because it says:

You cannot use content created in the commercial version of the UnrealEngine2 Runtime with the free version. Please remove the commercial version content from your Runtime.

So what the hell is the point of buying the book if i cant use any of the textures or static meshes while im trying to go thought the tutorials. is there anyway to get around this?

History: UPackage::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Package Chapter3_tex.FrameWork 6934178==6934178/7030960 6934173 1) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (LOAD FILE="E:\Tutorials\Chapter 03\Textures\Chapter3_tex.utx") <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="E:\Tutorials\Chapter 03\Textures\Chapter3_tex.utx") <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="E:\Tutorials\Chapter 03\Textures\Chapter3_tex.utx") <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WBrowserTexture::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WBrowserMaster::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
The packages are probably for UT2004.
Figure 3.24 (page 98) in that book looks like the Texture Browser as it opens in the UT2004 Editor with the skins of health and weapon chargers.