UE1 - UT DM-Phobos2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
I'm kind of a "give credit where it's due" junkie, so I already sussed this out · http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5165&p=56126

This an edit of a map that came with the original UT install: DM-Phobos. It's basically completely the same except there's 2 Talking Titans, named after 2 folks I often run into on forums that have something of a rivalry, on Mars.
3026660_original.png

Just so you know, I checked with both and they think it's hilarious.

No need to fear, Titans can't throw rocks at the station.

Though that kinda asteroid storm would've been really cool!
3027198_original.png

DM-Phobos2 is a standard Deathmatch map, minus the Titans yelling at each other on the nearby planet. Try not to be too distracted watching them as someone less distracted might sneak up and kill you...

...oh, something important to keep in mind!

The Titans are UTDMT. Basically they're just very big bots that can throw rocks. Because of this, if you're not careful, from them killing each other it's completely possible for either of them to win the game if one gets enough kills.
3026906_original.png

The STOP YOUR FIGHTING mutator will prevent Titans from fighting, but then they're just standing around doing nothing. Kinda boring.

Good thing to keep in mind.

Enjoy · http://www.mediafire.com/download/x52czsv8m2ndngx/DM-Phobos2.zip

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Titans are a cool addition

As you said, it looks the same as UT DM-Phobos, except it has two talking/fighting Titans on Mars surface who count in the frag count for this map. The Titans are a nice addition to this map and look good. Yes, don't mess around or the Titans WILL catch up to you in the frag count.;) The bots are still as tough as ever in here also. Besides the original game versions of DM-Phobos2 for UT2003 and UT2004, I also have a couple UT3 versions (non-LG and LG).

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I don't know if this was necessary.

I rather when they are standing around doing nothing because I think it is more realistic, and after all that is what is most important hen you are fighting on one of Mars' moons. Also, UT's gameplay was perfect and rocks ruin it.

I think it is very well done though. Nice work