Just bought UT3 Black and want to know some active clans that accept newcomers.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[NBK]Rattman

Goo God
Feb 22, 2005
nbkillas.com
While a "clan" is not needed to play, it is a way for people with the same interest in gameplay to meet and enjoy the game together.

At the Sniper Inn, we all enjoy playing the game for fun and enjoying the company of like players. Yes, some are much better than others, but on many public servers people get quite rude and are intent on ruining a good time for all, I guess you could say if you meet a good group of people to play with, why not get together on a regular basis to play together.

QFT!!!

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Why do people want to join clans anyway? I can understand clans for RPGs where you can actually benefit from your team members, but a FPS? I don't quite see any purpose here, especially when all of your clan can't choose to join one side.

Camaraderie, community, and fun. I'm in the ATF clan and although we have a competitive team, we also have well over 100 members just in our team fortress 2 division alone that play the game non-competitively.

What it boils down to is we always have good friends to play with, as well as a well policed atmosphere on our public server. We also organize at least 10 or so special events for members only on our private server which can pretty much be anything. We've had Drunk Fun Nights, Map Tests, Class-Based special rule events (random classes, limited classes, all one class), Westside knife fights, mini-tourneys, etc.

Also when a new game comes out, there's tons of people i already have in my friends list for each one. Left4dead, Quake Live, etc. without having to venture onto pub servers with a bunch of phucktard individuals. Not to mention I always have a few fellow "team players" I know I can count on and it keeps the game fun. If we dont get put on the same side, the small "rivalries" that can come up with clan members are good fun as well, cuz' no matter how bad that person is stomping you, you can smile about it, laugh, then post embarrassing photoshopped pics of them in the clan forums. ;)
Even the new release of UT3 and a few of my clan members getting the game for the first time is the sole purpose I bothered to re-install mine and register it on steam.

These are VERY LARGE benefits in my opinion for being in an fps division of our clan. :D

Last edited:

oldkawman

Master of Your Disaster
Why do people want to join clans anyway? I can understand clans for RPGs where you can actually benefit from your team members, but a FPS? I don't quite see any purpose here, especially when all of your clan can't choose to join one side.

Clans are a must for competitive team play, example UT3 warfare 6v6 ladders that most of the NA clans participate in. Also, clans have ventrillo, so you can communicate during matches. Even if your not on the same side, vent can be quite entertaining during a match in all game types and essential for team practice. Clan members also learn from each other and share strats. It's a win win thing for me and I am a better player for it.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
Clans are a must for competitive team play, example UT3 warfare 6v6 ladders that most of the NA clans participate in. Also, clans have ventrillo, so you can communicate during matches. Even if your not on the same side, vent can be quite entertaining during a match in all game types and essential for team practice. Clan members also learn from each other and share strats. It's a win win thing for me and I am a better player for it.

A simple "wat" would have dunnit too.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
No, it's dutch
ed2.jpg