how too get more pll in ut3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Grobut, UT3 doesn't have any DRM except the CD Key. What are you smoking? Gamespy is used for the server browser alone. You don't even have to have a valid CD Key to have an account.

No Brizz.. my list consists of things i want to see, and do not want to see in future UT titles (UT4), it is not about UT3.

And like i said, i don't want to see Gamespy in the next one, and since Epic has been so buissy talking about "ohh noes! PC pirates!" as of late, i don't want them to get any funny ideas about including any additional DRM in the future either.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
The music is awesome. It's the dynamic music system which needs to go.

Not really, I enjoy the dyanamic music system, perhaps it should work a little better though.
It makes the game feel the right pace.
It doesn't have to go really.

WarTourist

Jan 22, 2008
Care to explain how "not knowing what they're talking about" equates to your reply? :)

We have differing opinions about whether they know what they're talking about? I already knew that :).

Okay. Lemme see if I got this all straight.

Uh, no. Sounds like for you the best advice is if you're getting into an emotional relationship with a multi-billion dollar international corporation and it's product line, get ready for a wild ride :).

but apart from you Jeff there is no developer /community relationship

Really, is it any wonder? This place doesn't handle developers being truthful very well. The fact the only person discussing ut3's development doesn't even have a vested interest in the game any more should tell you how toxic the "whine clique" has made these forums.

It's more frustratement than hatred imo.

And some like Brizz and Hal contribute meaningfully to making sure those concerns are known as important. A handful take another approach. :)

I wonder if the "50% of the community doesn't know what they are talking about!" flies at Valve or Blizzard.

Who's a PR guy? I'm a fan of UT3 defending it on fan site for the franchise. You're allowed to have disagreements, try to cope :).

No internet access? You have to start over again.
Gamespy server down? Tough luck, see above.

To be fair those were bugs and fixed in the first patch. The single player campaign can be played offline.

Last edited:

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Mr. Morris, Would you agree that the flawed Demo (broken serverbrowser etc) scared away more new players than the opposite?

To continue on that (its something that interests me alot) Epics been known for the "When its ready" policy but this time it was decided to release the game before the holidays at all costs. How come it was so important this time?

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
Is it just me that liked the desighn choices for UT3? I agree the color cutting volumes are a bit much and could have done with being optional as we know half the communaty liked it the other half didnt.

And as for player models well those sorts of desighns have been in the games for a wile other than the UT3 Necris desighns and I like those as well.

Also the consols and the PC lot getting the same game could have been done well but I agree it wasnt. Just think now you dont have to worry that your friend has the latest unreal game but has a completely diffrent game folowing diffrent rules. Even though your on diffrent platforms you can still swap tips. The UT3 UI cant be fun for consol people ether. So in conclution that was a great idea just how it was done sucked.

WarTourist

Jan 22, 2008
Mr. Morris

Please, please, call me WarTourist :).

Would you agree that the flawed Demo (broken serverbrowser etc) scared away more new players than the opposite?

I can only speak about my own opinion, and I don't think so. It's #1 purpose was to run the tech through it's paces before mastering, which it did magnificently (aka there were big problems). Without it, the retail version would have shared many of the demo's issues.

To continue on that (its something that interests me alot) Epics been known for the "When its ready" policy but this time it was decided to release the game before the holidays at all costs. How come it was so important this time?

All games have bugs of many shapes and sizes when they ship. There is no such thing as a bugless game, and there never will be. In my opionion, if the bugs don't bother you, then the game "was ready", if they do it "wasn't ready".

Last edited:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
A'ight, I have a question, in your opinion, how important of a factor was it that you guys pushed the envelope as hard as you did with graphics, and how do you think sales would have been effected if you had focused more on a game that more systems could play at higher settings, and with higher frame rates?

WarTourist

Jan 22, 2008
A'ight, I have a question, in your opinion, how important of a factor was it that you guys pushed the envelope as hard as you did with graphics, and how do you think sales would have been effected if you had focused more on a game that more systems could play at higher settings, and with higher frame rates?

I guess I totally disagree that UT3 had high system requirements, especially compared to the competition. We ran on a HUGE range of hardware at great framerates, just like every other UT. Most positive posts about our perf came from people saying "I couldn't believe it ran at all on my grandmother's compaq" or what have you.

The negative perf posts were from people who hated the CPU bound nature of the rendering. Namely, even at 1920x1200 we weren't maxxing out a single NVIDIA 8800 pipe. All these guys who SLI'd them thought there was some issue when their performance didn't increase when they enabled the second card.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
UT3 runs pretty good on my wife's P4 at the lowest settings. Personally I think most people thought they were going to be able to run the game at much higher graphical settings than they actually were (for whatever reason).

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Yes the performance of UT3 is actually very good on the two machines I run (one old & one ninja rig) so I have no problems here.

Lruce

evilmrfrank

Banned
Apr 22, 2005
Florida, US
www.evilmrfrank.com
I still don't see why people hate UT3 so much... I see UT3 as being the highest quality UT game so far. Sure there are bugs but anyone who has played any of the previous UT games unpatched knows they all had their fair share of bugs before and after patching. I'm just excited to see what Epic has in store for us with the expansion :D

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Well, ben, I know what your opinion of good frames is. We vastly disagree there. I used to do well with less, but I think I've since spoiled myself.

I dunno, maybe I have some demons then. My system has always under-performed a bit since I got this case 8 years ago, maybe it's just me. There is still something to be desired graphically, and it's not in the way of details IMO.

...as well, I'm not talking about requirements as much as recommendations. Basically my standard for games has been as follows.

Run 1024x768, at 60hz (vsync/triplebuffered) and at least 75% of graphcial detail settings up. My system stays up to date enough to do that with most new titles.

I run 640x480, with like 2 tex and 1 world, 100% screen (because the fps to quality loss is less than 1024x768 with 0 screen) and still dip to 30 fps in spots, and that's more stable than the opposing config.

Last edited:

i_hax

member since Jan07... didn't survive
Jan 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I can only speak about my own opinion, and I don't think so. It's #1 purpose was to run the tech through it's paces before mastering, which it did magnificently (aka there were big problems). Without it, the retail version would have shared many of the demo's issues.

:lol: Oh man... As far as I'm concerned, the v.1.0 retail and "Beta Demo" were exactly the same.

(on a better note, I do agree with your last post reply to mine)

Figure i'll just end with: I have high hopes for the expansion, and I'll continue to play the game because I love it. However, in the back of my head I'm just waiting for the expansion to fail as badly as UT3 did...

Last edited:

JEnepas

Feb 5, 2008
Really, is it any wonder? This place doesn't handle developers being truthful very well. The fact the only person discussing ut3's development doesn't even have a vested interest in the game any more should tell you how toxic the "whine clique" has made these forums.

Hey, you create multiplayer games full of aggression , violence & taunting(albeit for escapism only:)) , you can't expect anything other than a belligerent , more demanding audience, it goes with the fps 'kill or be killed' territory. Look at the critical comments from the GOW-GOW2 fans over unliked changes to that franchise- check this out : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=D4foUP2LuX8 & http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8DXt6bQs1sM they're making the UT3 whine crew look like choir boys. It's true you'll never please everybody, but you've managed a solid majority in previous iterations.

Last edited:

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
So WarTourist, what you're essentially saying is that if a customer goes and buys a product, and that product is unsatisfactory, broken, etc, that person doesn't have a right to complain? If I went to Burger King and ordered a burger, and when I got it the burger was burnt, I would complain and get a new burger. Why should the world of computer games be any different? UT3 still has a lot of major issues that people have been pointing out since release and nothing has been done about them, and that's why people are upset.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I have to go with what JohnDoe641 has been saying all along -- fix the bugs in the game so that UT3 can fulfill it's potential. Unfixed bugs means unfulfilled potential for UT3 and that's what I believe he's been trying to point out all along ( correct me if I'm wrong JohnDoe641 ).
You're not wrong at all, it's what I've been begging Epic for for over a year.

I actually managed to play in two pugs this week and they were pretty fun. See, if the matches are fun and competitive, I can sometimes overlook duds, but I can't overlook the lack of players. Those were the first two pugs I've played in over three weeks. Most people I know left due to the bugs in the game, if they were only fixed, these people may return and we wouldn't have to beg people to pug with us.