UTXMP and UT2Vote

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nevar10

Sep 26, 2004
A number of UT2Vote users have UTXMP added as a voteable game type. The problem we face is that the usual paths for UTXMP have to be added to to the clients UT2004.ini for it to function correctly with UT2Vote. Any chance with the next patch of adding these ini entries?

nevar10

Sep 26, 2004
I'm not sure I follow you about the extra content unless you are talking about
people having to download UTXMP?
We're mainly wanting people who see UTXMP running in the browser to be able to
connect when they already have it installed. Without those entries the game will not
work for them due to the way we have to handle these type of mods
in UT2Vote.
For people that are already on the server and UTXMP wins the game vote it is clearly labeled
requires prior install to play. I just thought adding the ini entries in the next patch would be an
easy way to accomplish the task.

UTXMP users if you want to connect to a UT2Vote server running multiple game mods along
with UTXMP add these paths for it to work correctly.

Ut2004.ini

[Core.System]
Paths=../UTXMP/System/*.u
Paths=../UTXMP/Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../UTXMP/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../UTXMP/StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../UTXMP/Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../UTXMP/Sounds/*.uax
CacheRecordPath=../UTXMP/System/*.ucl

Captain Kewl

I know kewl.
Feb 13, 2001
IN YOUR HOUSE
Visit site
It increases startup time and could possibly introduce some conflicts -- and gives users an easy way to play the mod in a way it wasn't really intended (w/o the proper UI and configuration options.)

I'm not against the idea -- my own setup is like that for development purposes -- but I'm seeing one too many ways that this could become problematic to the non-savvy user.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Captain Kewl said:
It increases startup time and could possibly introduce some conflicts -- and gives users an easy way to play the mod in a way it wasn't really intended (w/o the proper UI and configuration options.)

I'm not against the idea -- my own setup is like that for development purposes -- but I'm seeing one too many ways that this could become problematic to the non-savvy user.
Right you are, Ken!

Status
Not open for further replies.