Making XMP Maps???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2005
Tampa FL
www.
I have been making maps in UnrealEd for a few weeks now and have run into problems with XMP. If i make a new map or convert a map from ut2k4, any other player that joins does not start out with weapons. The comp that hosts the game starts with weapons and can preform all game functions regularly. the joining comp can hack but does not see the hosts weapons or deployed turrets. If i host a regular XMP map i do not have theese problems. I have 3 original maps + a modified Urban and FaceCLassic that i would like to get playable so i can put them on a server. Someone please help, this is my fave FPS ever and i would really like to get these maps out there. .:>OMNI<:.

punk84

you're better off without me
Aug 23, 2004
Florida
If you are running a ded. utxmp server open your servers utxmp.ini file and check that you have all xmp server packages under [Engine.GameEngine].
Here is a list of all XMP packages:
ServerPackages=XMP_RaptFX
ServerPackages=XMP
ServerPackages=XMPWeapons
ServerPackages=XMPVehicles
ServerPackages=XMPUI

Good Luck,
[BBF]PunK

[PE] Bender

Used Register
Feb 19, 2004
Terra/Sol
Or add a Vehiclefactory (e.g. a Raptor) to the map, which for some odd and unknown Reasons makes it functional without the Packages - which BTW seem to be missing by default for the dedicated Server (FMI should include those lines in the next Update).

Jan 13, 2005
Tampa FL
www.
Thanks a million guys... it works now and i can test my new maps with my roomie untill they are done. now that i am done with the frustraiton i can start the fun! Any suggestions on servers that will host my custom maps? .:<OMNI>:.

Tenacity

noob for life
Aug 18, 2004
theomniproject said:
Thanks a million guys... it works now and i can test my new maps with my roomie untill they are done. now that i am done with the frustraiton i can start the fun! Any suggestions on servers that will host my custom maps? .:<OMNI>:.

Get in touch with Beta I think she would be interested in hosting new maps.

just follow the link to our clan site.

Tenacity

noob for life
Aug 18, 2004
:lol: hmmmm? Maybe a server crashing trying to run buggy maps
is better than a server sitting empty? ...hmmmm!?... :con: :mwink:

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2005
Tampa FL
www.
sorry if my map are buggy and crash ur servers. i will make sure to USE THE GRID next time :lol: anyone know how to line up the minimap in the radar correctly? could use the help.

Jan 13, 2005
Tampa FL
www.
PRG said:
Snapping to grid is very important for BSP. :eek:
ive read about a snap too grid button but i am not sure where it is... i know where you change the grid spacing but what does the button loook like that snaps too grid? plus can u scale a whole onlasught level so that it is the right size for utxmp?

Jan 13, 2005
Tampa FL
www.
also... could the ece vehicles be crashing the servers? or is it just a bug inside of utxmp? i am not sure but if the ece vehicles are crashing the server i will take them out of the levels i converted. just curious if that was the cause of the problem with certain levels... thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.