patch 2.26 replies

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
Damned! I now seem to have soundproblem with my entire computer! The sounds of other programs seem to have the same problems!. Has the patch installed some new windows dll´s or something like that? I remember an old unrealpatch that forced me to reïnstall windows..... :(

Well, I know this is a beta version, but I m already looking forward to the next one.

bullet2.gif

I am the creatoR

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
I don´t know what you mean by fux0red reverb. It doesn´t show up in the audio menu. Hoever, I did noticed that the audio outputrate was not set on it highest. I suppose that option was reset, after the installation. I´ve put it back to 48000 Hz again. I´ll make another post if that doesn´t solve the problem (the problem in unreal, that is. I´ll have a look on the rest of my computer later)

[This message has been edited by creatoR (edited 04-30-2000).]

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
Okay, I´ve turned that switch (the increased output rate didn´t help).
I discovered that my souncard only goes wacky, after unreal messes up.

BTW, I really like that new shieldbelt effect. Only it looks cool for a second or two (after you´ve picked it up). And after that the collor changes from gold to something more silver-like (perhaps white). And some weapons, like the minigun seem have some bsp holes in them.

bullet2.gif

I am the creatoR

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
Well, It seems to have done the job.

Hoever,I discovered a new, kindof strange problem.
I was playing the 'strangeworld' maps (from nalicity) online. In that map pack there are two new weapons, a quake-like railgun and a misslelauncher you can guid yourself. Both weapons were not working properly.
If I would fire the railgun, its blue (curved) beam wouldnt dissapear, wich actually looked quite funny. After some heavy combat, the area would be filled with hundreds of blue beams, floating in the air.
And if I would fire that lovely missle launcer, the 'guiding sytem' (well, what should I call it then?) wouldnt kick in. The weapon could still be fired though. Kind of like the eightball.
I talked to the other people, who were all running patch 2.25. They had no problems at all.
But that isn´t the oddest thing. Later on, I was playing the levels again (not online), the weapons were all working perfectly! No problems at all.

I hope someone can make use of this information.

bullet2.gif

I am the creatoR

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
It's not perfect, e.g. fux0red reverb and fog that looks slightly less smooth, but it generally runs much nicer.

bullet2.gif

Hellscrag, Unreal single player nut :) . In deathmatch look for me as [SkW]Deathwish of UK clan SkaarjWarriors. Email me hellscrag@lineone.net.
Check my website http://surf.to/scragsite for Unreal Walkthroughs and other cool stuff or my clan site http://surf.to/skaarjwarriors for my UT designing projects

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
I have found another problem.
When you start the 'dark.unr' (where you must fight a titan in an arena), you start in some sort of cellar, filled with water. I remember that it had some really cool sound effects that made it 'feel' like a cellar. Every sound you made, of walking or shooting, was echoed in a really weird way. Very realistic.
Now, after I have installed the patch, I don't hear those cool effects any more. Shame.
Does anybody now which switch in the advanced options menu is responsible for that effect?

bullet2.gif

I am the creatoR

[This message has been edited by creatoR (edited 05-05-2000).]

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
These are the reverb effects I was talking about.

The reverb worked a treat in the retail version. The effects were broken in patch 2.24v and 2.25f. There is a weird effect in 2.26a that sounds completely wrong (and tends to muck up the sound card) which is best disabled with the Reverb switch under Audio in Advanced Options. And yes, this is on a 2d sound system.

I hope they sort it in 2.27. I want my reverb back. Remember outside the Sunspire where sounds echoed after a quite considerable delay? That was soooooooo cool!

bullet2.gif

Hellscrag, Unreal single player nut :) . In deathmatch look for me as [SkW]Deathwish of UK clan SkaarjWarriors. Email me hellscrag@lineone.net.
Check my website http://surf.to/scragsite for Unreal Walkthroughs and other cool stuff or my clan site http://surf.to/skaarjwarriors for my UT designing projects

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
Now I think of it, you're right. Those odd soundeffects always happened to me in such areas...
Tanks for clearing that up, buddy

bullet2.gif

I am the creatoR

Fire

Jan 30, 2000
Visit site
You know, I had the same sound problem with 226. It seemed that every minute or so, an echo from something would just keep repeating and repeating itself over and over. I'd have to switch to window mode and back to full screen to stop it. After about 2 weeks of this annoying bug, I went into my advance options/audio files to try to fix it...

And I did. I didn't 'fix' it by turning off "Reverb", taking away the echos (how is that fixing the bug?). I left "Reverb" on and turned off "Filter" instead. It's been over two months since I've done this, and I've NEVER had this repeating reverb echo problem since. The Sunspire, the Dark Arena 'celler'... I've been in every level enjoying the awesome echo effects and I still have yet to hear the repeating reverb bug after turning "Filter" off.

Hopefully, this will fix your guy's problems, too. I don't use a 3d sound or video card, so I don't know if that has an effect on this problem or not.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Who made the patch? Tim Sweeney at Epic!

The sound problems only become pronounced after combat. But the echo is still WRONG.

bullet2.gif

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
But on mine, even with Filter off (don't even know what that is), I still get my sound screwed up after combat in reverb zones, and echoing still sounds the same in every echo zone.

Originally, you'd hear the sound as it was made, then you'd hear it again. The delay varied (on the SunSpire it was really quite something).

In 226, the echoing is screwed. You hear the sound repeatedly, fading out. This is not how it should sound. And the result is also a buildup of noise during combat that is really quite unpleasant.

bullet2.gif

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
The more I listen to the sounds, the more confused I get. A few moments ago, I put all options back to normal and I started 'Dark' again. I expected some screwed-up noises, but I didnt hear anything at all. Not even the special effects. Just the plain, normal sounds, with a little echo.

This is really getting odd. The soundproblems appear to occur at random. I am beginning to think there are other 'variables' at stake here. Perhaps this is not the kind of a problem you can solve by turning a switch, or something like that.
I wonder who made the patch. I also wonder If he or she could use some feedback from other people. Does anyone have an answer to this?

[This message has been edited by creatoR (edited 05-06-2000).]

Status
Not open for further replies.